To stripe, or not to stripe...

Tolkmod

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that these strips would suit your ride better in my opinion.. I would cuntinue the stripe across the back over the trunk on to the other side..

So i did a few tweaks.  Not sure I like the continued over the trunk look, every variation that I tried looked like crap.  The angle on the back of the car doesn't work well with it in my opinion. 

s%2013.jpg

Hate to be "that guy" but that orange car ain't a 1200.

I like the stripes in the above pic, clean, plain, and simple.

lol no worries, i wasn't 100% sure, kinda why i said that I "believe" it's a 1200...  kinda looks like one at first, but after a 3rd and 4th take it looks like mashup of a 1200 and a BMW lol

So far ^ that one is the best. The ding mol-ding is on what's called the sonic line of the car. Visually dividing the top and bottom half of the car like that gives it a feel of speed. I would suggest using the clone tool (assuming you're using PS) to remove the molding so your eyes aren't being influenced by that line. I think that if it wasn't there you wouldn't like having the graphic low like in 1,2,3,4, and 5. It would make the car look heavy.

• Like 1

So far ^ that one is the best. The ding mol-ding is on what's called the sonic line of the car. Visually dividing the top and bottom half of the car like that gives it a feel of speed. I would suggest using the clone tool (assuming you're using PS) to remove the molding so your eyes aren't being influenced by that line. I think that if it wasn't there you wouldn't like having the graphic low like in 1,2,3,4, and 5. It would make the car look heavy.

Dang, I wish i had Photoshop, i'm just using window's basic bitmap editor

Ok I know it's not a 4 door sedan but the idea is there to visualiz ..

This based on the original Datsun stripes. You can see in the picture on the bottom right hand corner shows how the stripe flows over the rear part of the hatch and in this case the trunk..

8145E906-2E6C-4FE6-A312-56485BF886BA_zps

• Like 2

Ok I know it's not a 4 door sedan but the idea is there to visualiz ..

This based on the original Datsun stripes. You can see in the picture on the bottom right hand corner shows how the stripe flows over the rear part of the hatch and in this case the trunk..

8145E906-2E6C-4FE6-A312-56485BF886BA_zps

That with a blacked out rear panel... Huba huba. 

• Like 2

Seen this one too and I figure I put it out there.. The side stripes not the ones going over the hood..

25AB75F5-944C-4B60-9070-EC518B1CF91B_zps

ok... ok...   I LIKE this one.  The colors are horrible lol but the design is right on.  I like the hood minus the big empty circle in the middle. Though,  I don't think i could duplicate those stripes with windows paint lol That'd be an exercise in tape/spray/pray on the car itself.

well... here's my attempt at least.

upper1.jpg

upper2.jpg

I think lowering the front end of the car (the stance not the stripe) will also improve the overall look of it, as well as the look of any striping done.

Eventually all the chrome on the car will be gone, so I kinda have to block that outa my head when I'm trying to picture what it'll look like.

Shit, who needs PS. That's awsome. 

lol thanks

here's two more before i crash for the night, I'm starting to get the hang of this lol

straight2.jpg

straight3.jpg

I'm kinda diggin #13, then following it up and over the trunk lid to the other side, and dang that would look even better with the front end lowered about an inch or so.

• Like 2