To stripe, or not to stripe...

Tolkmod

Yo Rats!

So, been trying to decide of i want to add some awesome go fast stripes to my b210.  I've seen a few examples around the interwebs and i like how they look, but I didn't want to straight up copy them so I've been workin on a few designs.  Let me know what ya think, or even add in your own opinion.

You'll notice they all have the same lower door markings, I wanted to play on the honey bee's look, but kind of make it my own if you will.

stripe%202.jpg

stripe%203.jpg

stripe%204.jpg

stripe%205.jpg

stripe%206.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like # 5 the best.   Also, keep in mind I was probably going to finish it out on the hood and rear trunk lid as well, so that has some barring on what I go with, or if i go with anything at all.

Side note:  All that ugly chrome trim is going away anyways, so don't let it influence your opinion on the stripes themselves.

Get a can or two of plasti-dip and play with it, you can always peel it off and go again :thumbup:

I like a simple stripe, like the guys said, too many won't look fast.

Oh that was the plan from the start lol  I love plasti-dip gonna be doing my rims as soon as I my knee stops being retarded 

• Like 1

I think the stripes would look much better if you take the "body protectors" running on the side of your B.

Just my two cents.

I know people keep this in order to protect our rides from idiots on tight parking spaces.

yep, like i said in my first post, you can ignore those as they would/will be gone

How about a wide one,above the protective strips,

& across the trunk (or the C pillar)? 

There was a pic i saw of one similar to what you're talking about.  I'll load it up to my photobucket later and link it.  I kinda liked it and was thinking about messing around with the idea.

There was a '74 in Hot Rod magazine,

that Bob Sharp's shop built.It was a White coupe,with

Red & Blue stripes.

I always wanted to make a copy of it,& went

as far as thinking about having mine repainted like that,

even though the original paint is still good.

love this stripe job, but not sure if it'll look good on the b210

62e267684229f0317380fc15fcdd1b61.jpg

Edit:   FYI, This is probably the ONLY fender flare job I've ever thought looked GOOD, and damn I love the stance of this ride.  It's beautiful.  Some serious time, and love went into this whole car. 

• Like 1

Edit:   FYI, This is probably the ONLY fender flare job I've ever thought looked GOOD, and damn I love the stance of this ride.  It's beautiful.  Some serious time, and love went into this whole car. 

What is that? Looks like a combination of a '75 Corolla SR5,

& a '72 Corona MKII,with Rover 3500 hood scoops.

I feel that these strips would suit your ride better in my opinion.. I would cuntinue the stripe across the back over the trunk on to the other side..

• Like 1