78 b210 engine compartment question

hotskins

My son and I are going to rebuild the carburetor in his 78 210. I was wondering what, if any, of the hoses, and/or piping can we remove and still run the engine and drive it. I would like to clean it up a little. get rid of any excess that is not needed. I don't have to worry about emissions where we live.

The carb was already removed when we got the car so I have no idea how its all supposed to go back together yet. So the more I can remove, the less I have to figure out where it goes.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The egr system is going to be all plugged up by now. Remove it and make a block off plate and buy a plug for the bottom of the exhaust.

Here's my thread for the car above.http://community.ratsun.net/topic/59763-my-1980-datsun-b310-210/I also did this to my 75 b210. It's expected to leave the pcv valve as it removes bad stuff from your block.

Wow, that is by far the best answer to any question I have ever put on any forum ever! You freakin rock! Both of your engine bays are just how I want our Datsun to look. If you didn't live all the way out in Washington I would most definitely buy you a beer. I'm still going to have him rebuild the old carburetor, he needs to learn how anyways, but from what I have seen and read, the weber conversion is the way to go. Thank you very much for you time and your help. 

• Like 1