41 replies to this topic

#41 xdreaming

xdreaming

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cars:Honda S2000, Nissan 240sx, Datsun 610

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:01 AM

Wheels are always wrong offset for the car they go on. Make them fit the car... not the car fit the wheels. If it don't work, don't do it. Flairs, offset, rolled fenders, stretched tires, mad camber? = homework not done.

When done right, it looks SO good!

Thanks for your concern, but I have done my research. Although it won't be the same taste as yours, it will still "fit." It's not my S2000. I could care less if it has too much camber and/or tire stretch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 610 owners typically run something along the lines of 15x7 +/-0 with 205/50 tires. At least that's what I could dig up. And also ZX front brakes pull in the front struts iirc. You'll know more than I do of course.

People like different things.. some peeps I know like flares, others like rolled fenders. I have a few folks I follow on IG that love insane camber with stretched tires. Just like you like them fitting the car just right. I just enjoy seeing other people’s builds & I respect their builds. That’s what makes this car community awesome! All the ideas & renderings.
Greg

Couldn't have said it better myself. I actually have already rolled the fenders and am prepared to pull the fenders if need be, but with the measurements I took I shouldn't.

good meeting you bro, thanks for da tranny

Likewise! I'll have to swing by one of these days  :thumbup:

#42 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 70,327 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

Thanks for your concern, but I have done my research. Although it won't be the same taste as yours, it will still "fit." It's not my S2000. I could care less if it has too much camber and/or tire stretch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 610 owners typically run something along the lines of 15x7 +/-0 with 205/50 tires. At least that's what I could dig up. And also ZX front brakes pull in the front struts iirc. You'll know more than I do of course.

Zx struts can't help the rear wheels. The front is somewhat adjustable for removing excess camber but the rear IRS needs the cross member slotted if lowering. It's nothing to do with taste. If you ignore camber.... good luck with your tire wear and poor handling.

Posted Image