• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

#21 HOGIE

HOGIE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Cars:70 521, 64 NL320

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

The following link is to the Datsuns Northwest home page. Somewhere on this page is the email of the club president of DNW

http://www.datsunsnw.org/index.htm

Please, Mike, take your issue directly to him. Nothing is going to come of it by going rounds here, again

Also, there is this

From home page of DNW

Happy New year everybody! This months meeting is on January 21st.

Meet up at the normal location, 10:00 AM at 509 NW Everett St. Portland, Oregon 97209
We usually hang out till about 1PM or so. Good times, indoor parking, in the heart of Portland.
See you there

If you've found someone who is as adamant about this subject of fees, and lives in the Portland area, ask them to go to this meeting and go to bat for this issue. To be clear, take this issue to the person who can actually do something about it. 

#22 flatcat19

flatcat19

Back in Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,003 posts
  • Cars:Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

I don't think anyone here is asking you to swallow the $10. We all love saving money.

What people are asking you to do is not turn something sacred into a shot show over $10.

Ruining anything Canby over a mere dollar figure is ridiculously childish.

Others have offered to pay your way to just have the insanity stop.

A moderator should not act the way you have. Right or wrong, doesn't matter.

You can't hang if your nuts haven't dropped...it's physics

#23 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 66,102 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

But it can be discussed here can't it? What's the harm, and it is the title of the thread. See where the chips fall. For those who camped and those who might camp it's topical. A 40% increase for nothing is worth discussing. Several more might then agree and then Steve can have that.

So non camper tells me to pay up? Right or wrong doesn't matter? listen to yourself. It's an attempt to derail. Stick to the topic of the thread.

Posted Image

#24 Rick-rat

Rick-rat

• PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Cars:1979 620 K C

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:44 AM

:yawn:

#25 Draker

Draker

Ratsun-Erect

• 11,402 posts
  • Cars:1992 Z32 TT, 1971 2 door 510, 1969 4 door 510, 2002 Tacoma double cab

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

For what it's worth, It's not the first time he's mentioned the price.

View my 69 510 4dr Sedan - Build Thread
View my 71 510 2dr Sedan - Coming soon.

http://drakers.pl510.info

#26 flatcat19

flatcat19

Back in Black

• 19,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

It can be discussed. Sure.

What good does it do? We are all in agreeance.

Tell what I will do for you, Mike. I will PM Steve and invite him to this thread.

Like an adult.

#27 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 13,892 posts
  • Cars:72 ka'd 4dr 76 620KC

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

I went last year, I didn't camp but only paid $15.00 to drive in for both days, I don't understand why it took over six months to bring up an issue from last years fees. Your concerns should have been addressed to DNW (via PM's) after the show was over

It didn't take 6 months, it was brought up in the 2016 thread as well, and possibly others.

I yeald to the wisdom of Q on this one.

Fuck!!!!!!!! I guess QTip was right...

#28 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 13,892 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

It can be discussed. Sure.

What good does it do? We are all in agreeance.

Tell what I will do for you, Mike. I will PM Steve and I vote him to this thread.

Like an adult.

Pretty sure that is what he wants, someone else to do the direct private complaining so that he doesn't have to.

Mike said that someone needs to tell Steve but he's not going to do it through a pm.

#29 flatcat19

flatcat19

Back in Black

• 19,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

But it can be discussed here can't it? What's the harm, and it is the title of the thread. See where the chips fall. For those who camped and those who might camp it's topical. A 40% increase for nothing is worth discussing. Several more might then agree and then Steve can have that.

So non camper tells me to pay up? Right or wrong doesn't matter? listen to yourself. It's an attempt to derail. Stick to the topic of the thread.

Derail? No, Mike. I'm trying to shove some sense around here.

Go bitch to Steve. Bitching to us does nothing because if he doesn't see it and posts pricing anyways without listening to your side...In your words "it's too late."

Grow a fucking pair and talk to who you need to.
Quit being a bitch. Stop the "last-word" nonsense.

Grow the fuck up. Some people here look up to you and, dare I say, respect you.
And this is how you act? Over $10?

Bullshit. You should ban yourself for being a fucking cunt.

#30 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 13,892 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

This thread can't be derailed, this is general discussion, there are no tracks, no wheels to fall off.

#31 maltese

maltese

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Cars:1973 240z

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

I don't think anyone here is asking you to swallow the $10. We all love saving money.

What people are asking you to do is not turn something sacred into a shot show over $10.

Ruining anything Canby over a mere dollar figure is ridiculously childish.

Others have offered to pay your way to just have the insanity stop.

A moderator should not act the way you have. Right or wrong, doesn't matter.

*shit

FUCK YEAH!!! Even if it is a Toyota motor. ;)

#32 The Taterhead

The Taterhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Cars:'71 510 (mine),'72 510 (my sons), 97 Pathfinder currently

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

Well fuck.

I have not, and likely will never attend Canby so obviously I haven't camped there. Not because of this, but because of proximity.

I can however compare it to the BBQ place in my town. They went up 2 bucks on a bbq plate. When I asked why I was told pork prices went up $2 a pound and they were offsetting the increase since they buy 15k pounds a month between the 3 or 4 stores. Well they certainly didn't add a pound of meat to each plate. Complaining to the other customers wouldn't do shit.

I didn't like it and haven't eaten there in two years. I voiced my opinion to who needed to hear it and that was that.

Not a smart-assed comment --> Maybe some bean counter figured that was the best way to offset costs or line their pockets. Who knows until you talk to them.

Mike I respect you and your knowledge and typically agree with you. But if I didn't know any better, or was new to the site, I'd say you were being a whiny bitch.

I totally agree for standing up for what you believe in, right or wrong. Hell, some people did that down here and caused a civil war.

Just be glad you have all a Datsun gathering close enough to attend.
Roads? Where we're goin' we don't need roads!

#33 Rjawm

Rjawm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

If I remember correctly, as I've never been, the event at Canby recently had a change in who was in charge/running it, is it known for sure that the prior group wasn't operating at a loss?  That could be why, after all costs were evaluated by the new group they saw the need to raise the prices.

#34 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 13,892 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Dammit now I want BBQ....

#35 tdaaj

tdaaj

fucking ted (tm)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

This standing up for what you believe in is bullshit mike. Many people stood up and were banned/ perma banned when the classifieds changed. Some never to return. So now that the tables have turned its a different story. It appears whats good for the goose, isn't good for gander?

This is what pisses me off the most. I've actually lost some respect for you over this.

#36 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 13,892 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

The fact is that the first line of the second post (first post not by the op) in that thread was a backhanded, passive aggressive borderline insult to the op. Above all it was made by a moderator of this forum, a moderator who time and time again is treating is opinion as written law. Even after multiple members requested that the grievance be taken to a private conversation (which said moderator tells others to do every single time) the thread was allowed to continue to be not what the original poster wanted it to be from the instigation of the same poster.

Man up, take responsibility and for fucks sake if it's that big of an issue to you send the man a pm and talk to him about it because as the last couple of days has proven WE can't do shit.

#37 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 66,102 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

So basically nobody has anything, just like I thought. You started a Canby price thread say discussion belongs there and then change the rules? Pathetic. You have nothing.

This standing up for what you believe in is bullshit mike. Many people stood up and were banned/ perma banned when the classifieds changed. Some never to return. So now that the tables have turned its a different story. It appears whats good for the goose, isn't good for gander?

This is what pisses me off the most. I've actually lost some respect for you over this.

Classifieds changed suddenly and so fast the moderators were caught off guard. It was a done deal and there was a lot of pissing and moaning about it. I tried like hell to please everyone but you simply can't. Those that abused the 'in forum classifieds' the most were the biggest cry baby chronic complainers about the loss. So at some point, much later, and as nothing could be changed back, I said fuck it. Look up  the definition of chronic. It means continuing but no longer serving a function. Like back pain, you know something wrong but it just keeps telling you. So if you're still upset Ted (and I like you still) I'm sorry, but it is what it is. For those other whiny cunts they can fuck themselves. They continued to whine and bitch so it was better that they go to their NWD cry room. Both forums benefited form this or any banning. They had somewhere to go where there were like minded pissed off people.

So here we are. Those same whiny cunts come back here over and over to bitch about how things are run when they have their own forum of like minds. They come here because they simply don't like me or how things are run so they try to provoke me, to argue with them, waste my time. As shown in these two threads. They can't argue worth a fuck and can't stand loosing so they just take a shit here.

Flatcat recently told me he had no respect for me. This was after he posted in Cuz and had his ass handed to him and ran to the cry room. Hey sorry that Trump won and the tic lost flatcat. I always pick the underdog (and I also believed Hillery's polls) and hell I don't vote in the US elections, so not my fault. What's your fucking problem? HRH (who was treated very poorly by passive aggressive nanner) has my respect still, he left, but he stuck to his convictions and stayed away. Why the fuck did you come back. Yeah you're just full of anger. Well right the fuck back at ya. I think I warned you about that other place... they will only tell you what you want to here. If you like what you hear there, you should stay there.

And then there's lou, heavy on the disrespect for Ratsun and formerly banned several times and a Troll. Same thing, you hate it here so you just stir up shit. You never contribute, ever. You own a Datsun... period. You think because you used to go to Canby that carries weight in the discussion of the prices? You have to be there to know. You stick your nose in and tell people that actually go they should pay whatever? You and Keith and others, hell I have lots to go around, have shown your true colors, you're just bitter bitter non camping pricks. Snowflakes.

Rick? he gets a pass.

So if there is anyone else that doesn't like me I could fucking care less right now. If I did something to you and you can't get over it you probably deserved it and inside you know it. That must really hurt.... snowflake.

Canby is not a sacred cow. It might have been once. Prices were very wrongly moved around and campers, the backbone of the event, those that came long distances got screwed last year. Do NOT tell me that costs went up 40% and the campers have to pay it. This after a 25% hike for camping the year before. Make it work, or get someone that will. 

The fact is that the first line of the second post (first post not by the op) in that thread was a backhanded, passive aggressive borderline insult to the op. Above all it was made by a moderator of this forum, a moderator who time and time again is treating is opinion as written law. Even after multiple members requested that the grievance be taken to a private conversation (which said moderator tells others to do every single time) the thread was allowed to continue to be not what the original poster wanted it to be from the instigation of the same poster.

Man up, take responsibility and for fucks sake if it's that big of an issue to you send the man a pm and talk to him about it because as the last couple of days has proven WE can't do shit.

You too?

I already covered my position in my first post. Steve's a big boy if he's running Canby he's at least part politician. Not for you to decide what was an insult or not for Stevea. If Steve is reading his thread about the camping he knows all he needs to know. Call it feedback but don't call it an insult. I suspect they know they fucked up, so he isn't going to want it directly in his face with a p/m. If that were the case he would have to (privately at least)  explain why, and there's no way he can defend this. As a politician he can just ignore things .... for now. His answer will be his price list. I will accept any price list as gospel it will be final and binding with no argument. But I will NOT pay an entrance fee on top of camping.

I am not speaking as a moderator. I an just an ordinary member.
Posted Image

#38 510freak

510freak

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

love yah too Mike..,not even going to bother to try to talk with you,its not worth my time

:baby:

#39 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 66,102 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

If that were only true a week ago. Where's Keith?
Posted Image

#40 510freak

510freak

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

whatevs

:baby: