Civic Radiator on 510?

That4doorKiD

Looking at some cheap 2 row core radiators that are for civics sold on ebay. This is a common modification for the jdm boys. My buddy has a 600hp EG and still utilizes the small radiators they get from aftermarket. These things are tiny compared to other 4 cylinders and to top it off he runs like 40 psi

Why wouldn't it work or not on a dime if I made it fit?  ...Using an L-16 or L-20b

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just buy the 510 3 cores they sell. as that one above Im sure is made in china also and has samller capacity.  So Why go backwards.The Chinese rads are OK  sometimes. But Im sure this one is made in china also but just get the 51o one.  Personally I don't think a 2 core even new is good enough anymore in Hot california

Oh use spacers for the rads on the core suppert also

• Like 2

Rad for correct datsun application is lil over twice the price. Twice as big,fits 98% correctly,can even cool a ka,and looks more or less like it belongs there. That and ppl well give shit everyday of ur life,wtf dude. Honda shit in a datsun, it just aint right. But its ur car, do what u like.

• Like 1

I've got a Sentra radiator in the 1200, it's lighter than the 3 core one (which I have) and cheap $56 from Rockauto. If it will meet your cooling needs then it's fine. I'll put Yugo parts on the car if it means faster lap times........but I'm a whore that way.

As for Honda parts in a Datsun; those trick Keihin Flat Slide carbs under the hood of my 1200, last I checked Keihin is a Honda company...........put whatever part works and improves it.

• Like 1

I've got a Sentra radiator in the 1200, it's lighter than the 3 core one (which I have) and cheap $56 from Rockauto. If it will meet your cooling needs then it's fine. I'll put Yugo parts on the car if it means faster lap times........but I'm a whore that way.

As for Honda parts in a Datsun; those trick Keihin Flat Slide carbs under the hood of my 1200, last I checked Keihin is a Honda company...........put whatever part works and improves it.

I see you are also in nevada too! Your cooling is still fine

I'll take measurements in a bit and might order one just cause I can return it. 60 bucks won't hurt. I'll keep everyone updated

I'm running a z22 swap in my 510 and clearance is pretty tight up front. On way to increase clearance on the front of the motor is to swap to a fan clutch water pump, then remove the fan clutch. That gives the shortest possible water pump/pulley option available.

I discuss a ton of possible radiator options in my wagon thread and also go over removing the fan clutch.

Radiator discussion begins toward the bottom of this page. I ended up using the prelude radiator.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66801-half-pint-z22-swapped-510-goon/page-8

And heres the how to for clutch removal if you're interested. this thread also discusses why the mod actually gains you clearance over any other option. My contribution is on page 2.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15038-l-motor-electric-fan-water-pump-mod/

• Like 1

I'm running a z22 swap in my 510 and clearance is pretty tight up front. On way to increase clearance on the front of the motor is to swap to a fan clutch water pump, then remove the fan clutch. That gives the shortest possible water pump/pulley option available.

I discuss a ton of possible radiator options in my wagon thread and also go over removing the fan clutch.

Radiator discussion begins toward the bottom of this page. I ended up using the prelude radiator.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66801-half-pint-z22-swapped-510-goon/page-8

And heres the how to for clutch removal if you're interested. this thread also discusses why the mod actually gains you clearance over any other option. My contribution is on page 2.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15038-l-motor-electric-fan-water-pump-mod/

That's a huge fit for no modification or cutting!

But I'm looking for some more room in my engine bay, thus looking at smaller ones like mini coopers, civics etc..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...