How much have you spent on yours??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ratsun Folks

My wife and I rarely talk about anything and that includes my garage projects....but the Jerry Hicks Datsun truck was not gone 5 minutes and she says to me...."So Mike what are you going to put in the garage next???".....

I have a 1968 VW Beetle but that is a scary ride unto itself....really slow and with the point and shoot cars we all drive now....the tendency to get run over is very great.....I am thinking maybe something that the typical driver of today can see when I drive it....

Another old truck Chevy truck might work for me....only time will tell....

MikeC

If its not a Datsun, we don't give a damn, please find your way to the door, bye bye now.

Ive maybe put $2500 into my truck including the initial cost of it and building an lz for it. Got some new tires on cheap old Chevy wheels. Has new accessories, fuel pump, alternator, starter, weber but it doesn't add up as quick when you do it all yourself.

I stopped counting after 1,000 but to me, and been driving for 14 years, it's worth it.  The cost of the car and maintenance is the cost of doing business.  I don't count that.  I count the cosmetics, like steering wheel, rims, exhaust, etc. But I will drive my Datsun 510 all day, all week and all year.  If you are going to count every penny that you spent, it will drive you nuts.  Best advise is to have a budget that you can live with and not to forgo rent, mortgage, food, etc, in place of our cars.