How much have you spent on yours??

I explained the cost of owning/rebuilding/driving Datsuns to the wife this way......It's cheaper than a mistress.

But just barely.

My 510 Goon is the vehicle that I have the least amount of $ invested. Because I haven't done anything to it........maybe this year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I'll wait until I'm done to tally it up. If I do it now I'll have a cloud of financial irresponsibility following me around until it's done. I will say I just spent about $400 on door panels, and I've driven cars for cheaper than that.

I'm with flatcat here...he's asking us how much we spent and does not divulge how much he spent.

Sorry....

1971 Jerry Hicks Datsun truck $1200.00

shipping $750.00

gas tank renue $350.00

radiator$135.00

all the other misc stuff pieces and parts $863.10

total so far $3298.10

MikeC

My first 510 was $300 and aside from a few oil changes, points, cap, rotor, and plugs I didn't spend another dime on it. All through high school that bad ass little car always delivered where I was going. And when I sold it, I made $600. 

My first ratta Dat 510 started with a $1500 car that had rally suspension, R160 LSD, and random chassis reinforcements. Then spent another $6K on the L20b I put in it. I did not make money when I sold that car, but beating Cosmo De Silva in his gold 83 Trans Am... Priceless 

The 510 I have now... Lets just say you could buy a Corvette for what we've spent on it. You couldn't beat it with that Vett though so we got our monies worth.  :devil:

• Like 3

They say that you're NEVER supposed to add up

all the bills for a vehicle,or tell your Wife.

Also, do neither, especially the second, if you ever wanna do another !!!

Call me 'Henpecked' ??

Not !!!

Of course, that's just me talkin' out the backside, again,

Original acquisition price: $5K

I have all receipts but  quick mental tally, factoring in a bit of 'Kentucky Windage', tells me that I've spent another $3.5K.

Another $2-3K to get to what I envision as the goal.

I can but don't do body work so that'll be a purchase item. Don't have the tools or facility (too much dust and crud to introduce to the shop), Approximately $1700 was for plating and ceramic coating, some needed and some to satisfy addictions. $500-$1000 more plating in the future and most of it is optional. That stuff's not cheep !!! 

A lot of people would say that i'm crazy but I wouldn't trade, title-for-title, this little pickup for a 'Stupid Duty-Ram Tuff-GM Locomotive' right off the lot if I had to drive it and not sell and buy what really fits me (physically and mentaly) like this tiny little machine. One of those 'Love at first sight' affairs. 

Every time I drive it or even work on it, it's therapy that works and that Sh1t's not cheep either. The 'Shrink's' office is open 24/7/365. All I have to do is go out to the shop and just sit in the 320. Never too old to fall in love.

Whew !! Got carried away. 

I'm outta here !!!

Oh, Hell !! Forgot to include the alcohol. No receipts, but a good guestimate is about $200 on this project. No Ethanol though. Never touch the immoral stuff !!!

E_1_Whiskey.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ratsun Folks

My wife and I rarely talk about anything and that includes my garage projects....but the Jerry Hicks Datsun truck was not gone 5 minutes and she says to me...."So Mike what are you going to put in the garage next???".....

I have a 1968 VW Beetle but that is a scary ride unto itself....really slow and with the point and shoot cars we all drive now....the tendency to get run over is very great.....I am thinking maybe something that the typical driver of today can see when I drive it....

Another old truck Chevy truck might work for me....only time will tell....

MikeC

Hi Ratsun Folks

My wife and I rarely talk about anything and that includes my garage projects....but the Jerry Hicks Datsun truck was not gone 5 minutes and she says to me...."So Mike what are you going to put in the garage next???".....

I have a 1968 VW Beetle but that is a scary ride unto itself....really slow and with the point and shoot cars we all drive now....the tendency to get run over is very great.....I am thinking maybe something that the typical driver of today can see when I drive it....

Another old truck Chevy truck might work for me....only time will tell....

MikeC

Defector......I shared my innermost Datsun feelings with an unbeleiver....oh, I just feel dirty now.
  • Like 1