Garage lighting needs help

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kelly and welcome to ratsun. Could you fill out your profile with a rough location and what Datsuns you have. I'm sure we have more in common that garage lighting. Pictures are more than welcome.

• Like 1

I use these a lot. Cheap, everybody sells them. Harbor Freight probably has the best price.

If you have a low ceiling or nearby wall try facing them at that. If you have to point them directly at the work the contrast between the bright and shadows can be annoying. If it's cold where you are working having them pointed at you feels good though.

393959bc-a85e-42a2-aae7-1342825d88ce_100

• Like 1

Costco has led shop light for like 30 bucks almost 4ft long. No pics but my buddy just got one im thinking about picking up 4 for the garage

Yes, the LED ones. I grabbed one for my hobby room and it works great! Now I need to start replacing my garage ones with those. 

• Like 1

Lock it, we've been trolled

Nobody googles garage lighting and doesn't find more info than they can read.

"Hmmm google doesn't come up with anything. Who should I ask?

Ford guys - no, Toyota guys - hmmm, no, Honda guys - no way.

Datsun guys, yeah Datsun guys they know everything!"

tumblr_ofkaecapeK1tb3eifo1_500_zpsxliley

• Like 4

two cents in on lighting, everybody should think about low voltage DC lighting for LEDs in the future.. not a lot of options but led tube replacements and even the shop lights are not going to last as long as advertised. They are very cheap and even inefficient.

It's all good they work great, different/better? light than florescent

Floods led or halogen are impressive

Just saying high voltage, ballast/resistor driven lighting is silly. Your phone charger gets hot going from AC to DC 5V

Glad I got the chance to post this, I would try and sell my companys shit and get the thread locked .. but we loose money on sales right now.

I could set up a demo for SD members , free :)

Setting up our ceramic/aluminium led strips is like installing stereo speakers. An led array can run straight off your car battery , and act like a resistor emitting light and heat. And safe for kids

Quality light is usually overlooked

two cents in on lighting, everybody should think about low voltage DC lighting for LEDs in the future.. not a lot of options but led tube replacements and even the shop lights are not going to last as long as advertised. They are very cheap and even inefficient.

It's all good they work great, different/better? light than florescent

Floods led or halogen are impressive

Just saying high voltage, ballast/resistor driven lighting is silly. Your phone charger gets hot going from AC to DC 5V

Glad I got the chance to post this, I would try and sell my companys shit and get the thread locked .. but we loose money on sales right now.

I could set up a demo for SD members , free :)

Setting up our ceramic/aluminium led strips is like installing stereo speakers. An led array can run straight off your car battery , and act like a resistor emitting light and heat. And safe for kids

Quality light is usually overlooked

If you work for dapper lighting you will be fine to sell your company's stuff  :w00t:

• Like 2

I just installed 8 foot florescents and if you open the main door wide enough it almost lights up one side of the vehicle i'm working on,, outside in the gravel .

I have 4 spares that were hardwired in, 2 have bad ballasts but they're yours if you want them