79 KB310 TS Project

TSKB310

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, did you figure out what you needed to make the chamber plates work?

Yeah, different chamber plates. The set I have I got from a friend that ran on a wagon but what I failed to ask was what his setup was and after calling him, found out he had a full s13 front-end (like what you want)... Long story short, the HKS chamber plates won't bolt up properly to the shock SO I need to get a new set.

• Like 1

So this engine was supposed to be a drop in a go deal while I build my A15... Well, it's been anything but that. The carb (I can only guess) sat so long it turned to shit and parts of the electronics I've found to have been cut. Oh well, what can ya do... So I've pulled everything off (AC unit is gone too, just still there in the pic).. I'm in the process of fabricating an intake manifold for the quad mikuni and a set of extractors to hopefully get this thing on the road asap. 

Also still need to pull the rear-end out of the sedan to drop into the coupe... 

GOPR1866_zpsxlchnhct.jpg

So this engine was supposed to be a drop in a go deal while I build my A15... Well, it's been anything but that. The carb (I can only guess) sat so long it turned to shit and parts of the electronics I've found to have been cut. Oh well, what can ya do... So I've pulled everything off (AC unit is gone too, just still there in the pic).. I'm in the process of fabricating an intake manifold for the quad mikuni and a set of extractors to hopefully get this thing on the road asap.

:< Sorry to hear that TSK, I can't vouch for it after it left my hands but it had cut electronics? I didn't cut anything when I pulled it tho that could have explained the slight dieseling it'd do when I shut it off. The only wiring I messed with was that one yellow spark plug wire I had to make after I pulled one of the old one's apart doing a tune up. I do hope things starting working better for ya tho.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updates are, I got annoyed all my pictures had been removed and didn't really feel like dealing with posting up pictures from some other annoying site... I know, excuses as always. I'm in the process of finishing the intake manifold that no shop around here would touch, the rear end is in and once the manifolds are on, it'll be time to chunk more time and money then wanted into the body... Pictures will come when I can get around to it... Also, frontier (my internet company) is screwing me over and I haven't had the net for a good week or two so not much I can do on the forums. 

I'll try to get something up soon. 

Maybe a little too early to post this up but whatever... Talked with John and the A14 is history... poor coupe is getting its guts pulled out again this time they're being replaced with an L18. Not exactly what I had in mind with keeping it as true to the style as possible but hunting what I want for the A series is going to be next to impossible or just too damn expensive to even bother with.

Next time I post anything, will probably be next weekend WITH PICTURES... 

At least it's not an SR swap...

• Like 1

Because some of you are so damn impatient, I don't even have time to get anything out of the tow-pig, you'll just have to deal with this. Going to be awhile before I can get it dropped in (need a clutch and all that other jazz) but you'll get the idea... although I will get the crossmember in, everything else will have to wait a little.  BTW, John, we left your starter in the truck. 

22312177_1954710914789539_2145318374_o.j
22343609_1954710921456205_1769776679_o.j
22345560_1954710934789537_1497613430_o.j
22368698_1954710901456207_347099490_o.jp
  • Like 1

Electric is your friend, but I probably have a few...

I was already thinking about that, just seen the block-off plate and it'll be one less thing in the front... Not that it'll really effect balance but I can always say it does. 

If John can't get either of those, I have one of each extra... condition questionable; spare parts just given to me.

Can't wait to see this bitch rolling!!!

I still have that steering wheel you want and it's just taking up space so I think we can make something work.

• Like 1