D.I.Y. How to ka24de a 521.

konig209

On 4/18/2017 at 10:52 PM, konig209 said:

I will be posting his info on the first post.

Name

Phone number

Whoever wants it talks to him. Not me.

Who ever is serious will have read the first post top to bottom and see the info.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ammount of people i have to send back to read this is pretty funny. Looks like i missed the how to wire up the alt. So on my next swap ill be doing soon ill take pics and update how to do that. Might have to add the second source for the mount kits now too since i think blackmarkit dont make em anymore. 😏

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

60psi minimum from memory.

I believe the fuel rail is regulated to 40-50 psi stock, but that is a guess, the service manual will give you an operation pressure range for testing the regulator. 

You do have a service manual for your motor? 

I have been running this pump from a ranger with my dual cam since my original swap in my red 620.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p74028/make/ford/model/ranger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do we still have to run o2 sensors?

im gonna be getting a ka24de with a blown head gasket with ecu harnsess and transmission and will be installing it on my 521 after I fix it and add a new clutch kit but I just want to be ready so the install doesn’t take to long and can have it back in the road the soonest

• Like 1

So @konig209 or anyone else know where I can get a hold of a flange like for my swap i want to keep my stock exhaust manifold I send that guy mention a message but he doesn’t answer. Or else I’ll have to get some headers since those might have universal type of flange but I’d prefer not to do that?

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1
On 4/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, Zonargx said:

So @konig209 or anyone else know where I can get a hold of a flange like for my swap i want to keep my stock exhaust manifold I send that guy mention a message but he doesn’t answer. Or else I’ll have to get some headers since those might have universal type of flange but I’d prefer not to do that?

I talked to erichwaslike he is the one that was making the flanges. 

He isn't making them any longer. 

I can make some if there is a demand.  🙂

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Zonargx said:

Thing I just need to get a hold off is that single belt mod I tried looking for some but no luck anyone happens to have some parts laying around?

I got mine from a Nissan specific auto wrecker. 

• Like 2

I was looking at d21 parts I forgot the 240 also had the single cam. I found the parts but had to buy them separate.

everything is almost shipped just got to get a hold a transmission. 

the ka is just awaiting rings and bearings. Work on the head is pretty much done. I’ll probably be putting it together by next week Monday or Tuesday and hopefully installing it by the end of that week

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Zonargx said:

I just realized I have an s13 transmission for the ka. Is the s14 trans and 13 the same length. If so that’s gonna be a problem for the stock bench seat?

should be exactly the same transmission. so no different.

• Like 1
On 4/19/2021 at 7:52 PM, Zonargx said:

So then it will interfere with the bench seat

I believe the truck KA trans will bolt up and is a little shorter. Someone else will need to chyme in a confirm that thought

I dont know how similar the fitment is between the 620s and the 521s - On my 620 with an S13 DE and Trans the stock shifter did hit the bench. I picked up an ebay short shifter that solved that problem. 

Edited by demo243
  • Like 3

I’ll probably wait until It’s in. If it hits the bench seat I’ll probably heat up and bend the shifter or see if a short shifter workS. Won’t know until it’s in. I’ll probably have it installed on Saturday or Sunday 

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1

I mean as long as its not actually under the seat that’s fine I’ll heat up and bend the shifter or if a short shifter does better I’ll get one. My can-am box should be here tomorrow and I’ll be putting the engine together tomorrow as well ..possibly putting it in the truck on Saturday. The sooner it’s in the better so the driveshaft measurement can be taken and sent to be made. I can worry about wiring it while I wait on that

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1