L-16T Build Route

That4doorKiD

Stock rods with arp bolts will be strong enough.

For pin oiling you litterally take a 1/16-1/8 drill bit and put a hole on the top of the small end. Then take a big bit like 3/8 or 7/16 and just hit it a little bit to put a lil baby funnel on it. If you get forged pistons try and get chrome moly or tool steel wrist pins.. If you wanna get fancy have them dlc coated. When you get the small end honed out you want as fine of finish as they can do, and chamfer the small end edges and your good to go!

If ur gonna do carb turbo, just do it with junkyard shit as its gonna be a half ass bomb anyway

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there i got my info, you can delete my thread

Na, doesn't work that way.....

We want to see updates.

All feedback by other members is valuable to future guys thinking of putting a turbo on another L-series.

Don't forget the updates, and any pictures.

I have a set of the ARP 8mm L16 rod bolts, new in a package, that I will make you a deal on if you can use them.

floatingZ22rodsLarge.jpg

The KA pistons I ground down till  within 1/10 gram. That's 1/283 of an ounce. The scientific scale I used was so sensitive I had to shut the room fan off, it was upsetting the balance measurements. Could not find a repeatable way to measure the small and large ends of the rods themselves. All rods/caps/bolts are withing 8-9 grams. Would like to have gotten the tops and bottoms closer matched.