Soundline

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm guessing this is meant for charlie

4 o2 sensors? damn that's a bunch. i hope the pictures help, actually thought about it while tearing shit apart

Actually I wrote that post at like 4a and my iPad died. I thought it posted then... but I guess it posed now.... fucking apple and their shit.

So the "hobo" part of that post was about the splitter under the drivers side that's not hooked to anything.

• Like 1

I never did see that one on CL. That's why I asked where you got it.

There was one that kinda looked like that down the road from my house- Rd 44 and Argent area.

But thank you. I had the green machine out a lot last year. Lots of shows/meets.

That's exactly where I got it. Shit hit CL, and I'd been looking for a 620. So, I pounced. Not exactly what I wanted, but for the low price, I pulled the trigger.

• Like 1

Guy had an old Mustang too? Vintage fuel pump?

Uberkevin and I were out cruising around one day and ran out of gas. Turned down that street cuz it was there...Look, there's a Datsun.

The next day I went and placed a Ratsun sticker on the windshield of that truck.

Cool. Now you know where I live. No getting lost.

I live half a block off Burden, right around what would be Rd. 46.

• Like 1

Guy had an old Mustang too? Vintage fuel pump?

Uberkevin and I were out cruising around one day and ran out of gas. Turned down that street cuz it was there...Look, there's a Datsun.

The next day I went and placed a Ratsun sticker on the windshield of that truck.

Cool. Now you know where I live. No getting lost.

I live half a block off Burden, right around what would be Rd. 46.

That's the place. I'm new around here, I moved in in Aug and I got messed up at the site in Sept. been indoors a lot since. Just healing up and waiting. I'll be sure and put some good stickers on it once I get it squared away. I'm tapped out for tonight though. I'll move trucks around tomorrow and pull the Datsun back in.

• Like 2

Suck my nuts wirining harness bullshit.

There, I feel better. Welll... maybe not, but, almost all of my lights work. Just the one on the drivers side front fender. I'll knock that out one PaiChan sends me the lights.

You wouldn't happen to know the diameter of fuel line going to the 32/36 Weber carb, would you? The piece between the fuel filter and the carb has seen better days... a lot of better days....

Other than that, it's progressing... I'm not sure what pictures I'd take that wouldn't bore the shit out of you...

So here's a picture of my Jeep conundrum.

IMG_1076_zpsjp0rbywi.jpg

After like 150-300 mi my CEL comes on telling me I'm random misfiring. At that exact moment... it goes into limp mode and the party's over. I've replaced the cam sensor, idle control valve, re-checked all my vacuum lines, pcv, the air inlet tube, cleaned the throttle body, it's a 2000 Cherokee so that fucking coil on ignition which I replaced. I'm running stock Mopar everything... still didn't work and my mechanic told my to "hit something hard with it"... but I prefer to fix things... not crash them.

I pulled the oxygen sensors for sport and... 3/4 are wrong.... that one second from the left is correct... or so saith the Jeep nerds. So I put the ones in they suggested. My oxygen values are completely different now.... 97 mi and it runs fine... so... maybe it's fixed?

It's my winter beater... so we'll see what it does.

• Like 1

Ordered a shitload of Thai parts... honestly starting to think a huge portion of the Kingdom of Thailand's GDP comes from Datsun owners...

In the meantime I'm redoing vacuum and fuel lines, which... once again is fucking boring. I'd take a picture, but no one cares.

I ordered an overflow tank and... the fucking thing that the hose attaches to is on the wrong side... so that's a total dick salad. I ordered a Mishimoto one that's supposed to swing both ways...

Ordered new steel, rivets, por for the floorboard so I might take a pic of that. And I'm waiting on disc brake parts...

So.... not really much... but I'm still rolling along. I found out that the 36/36 Weber is a common thing for VWs so I bought a new air filter off one of them shits.

Fuck it, its 4 am local, I'm out.

• Like 1

Finally have all my lights working.

IMG_1088_zpssg9tkbml.jpg

Bit of an improvement over this.

IMG_1050_zpsjgpxdadb.jpg

The Thai repop parts are a total fucking shitshow. Don't get me wrong, I expected them to be a step down in quality... but fuck me. They went down a step, fell down a flight of stairs, crashed out the window, straight into an open manhole lid.

I ended up using a found throughly used one that I took a dremel tool to with some polish to get some of the oxidation off. It's clear, it resists water, and it works. The tail lights I put in are a fucking train wreck, which.... btw... don't have a DOT stamp on them, and therefore are not permissible to be used on WA State roadways because the vehicle is newer than 72'....

So, they're a temporary fix. I'll have to take the "all the electrical parts work" as my win for now.

Cool, thanks Gato. I'm gluing shit together to make what I've got work for now.

Started changing my headlights and my grill is busted to shit. So I'll be playing with that too. Just gotta duck out on Thai parts as much as I can. That shit is terrible...

Until it warms up next week I'm good. No sense in freezing for the sake of freezing.

• Like 1

I'll find one, based on my phone were gonna hit our high temp of 9 F... at 11 pm... what the shit is that? So I'm just gonna chill tonight.

I'll find a grill, or make one. It's not really a huge deal. When it warms up Wednesday I'll glue my shit back together until I can find a good one.

• Like 1

Well... I haven't been cussed at in Thai in like 6 weeks... Pai Cube has terrible customer service... until you put it on speaker with a friend that's fluent.

Turns out they know they make shitty parts... and don't care.

That's cool though. I'll find what I'm looking for, I'm just not Buddist Monk level with the patience game. New radiator overflow tank came in and I immediately took it out of the box... and stuck my wet hand to it like that stupid fuck that licked the flagpole in first grade.

So.... yeah... too cold to work on it. I did look at my repairs to the grill and... they're shitty. It's under the functional temp range for the adhesive I used.... waaaaaay to read the directions AFTER...

Just means I'll do it better next time?

Next week I should be able to fix the fucking floor and I'll order some knew carpet. Suggestions on carpet kits that work?

• Like 1

Well, for about $7,500 you could make it into the Japanese El Camino....

http://09racingshop.cart.fc2.com/ca2/27/p-r-s/

IMG_1097_zpshh1cuesx.jpeg

IMO, that is some ugly shit.

I did however get these in and framed from a fellow Ratsun member.

IMG_1095_zps1lyiejsj.jpg

IMG_1096_zpsadfbntsn.jpg

I'm very happy with the prints from Fisch and I put them up in my home office.

• Like 3