'70 4 door Perfect Patina

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey yall, been a while.

IMG_20170222_013547_099_zpsma8a8hen.jpg

I did a few things in the back to make this easier to hook an actual e-brake on. I flipped them upside down and put them on the opposite side.

Hi looking good , just wanted to mention , you will need to remove those calipers and put a piece of metal between the pads and flip them to bleed them , because they are upside down and wont bleed on the car like that , the air will be trapped .

And you will pull your hair out trying to figure out why they don't work !!!!

Cheers Fast720

• 1 month later...

Dude your outer heim joints are on the wrong side of the steering knuckle.  They should be on the bottom like the stock tie rod, looks like your spacers are wrong as well.   The purpose of the heim joint tie rods is so you can shim out the bump steer.  Just letting you know because I didn't know that for the longest time.  

P.S I tired to buy that car when it was on CL for 600.  I seriously called after like 8 minutes but couldn't get ahold of the owner.  Sweet car.  

Did a thing on the front suspension

20170318_233505_zpsp536brkp.jpg

20170318_233523_zpsu2skmhqu.jpg

I put the tie rods in! Took a long time to file the steering knuckles out enough to fit the huge tie rods. Now everything front suspension wise is in the car. Having some trouble with tie rod clearance now, both hit the main steering arm where the idler arm and pitman arm connnect. I think I'm going to hit the main steering arm carefully with an angle grinder where it hits. Maybe after I drop it on the ground.... IDK let me know if this makes sense. STILL LOOKING FOR 280ZX FRONT BRAKE BRACKETS and I can't post in the classifieds for some reason. Thanks for looking.

Thanks for pointing that out Jeff, I appreciate it. That was me trying to keep the tie rods and drag link from binding up. I aint going to lie to you, that was me selling it. For I think $350? It's a long story and I would rather not tell it all on here.

I got the brackets off of Ebay for $80, couldn't find anything on Rock Auto