I don't know why I even try. Really.

So I bought a NOS 521 fender on ebay for what I figured was a pretty good deal.  Stoked.  Fast forward a week and it arrives in a glorified padded envelope (traveled all the way across the continent).  Now, what was a pristine time capsule, undamaged and rust-free, is a kinked, creased, bent pile of additional work I didn't want to fix or pay to have fixed, especially considering this top corner that probably isn't even possible to get the folded over dent out.  Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Forever disappointed in people :(

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EBay buyer protection is legit. Hopefully it was listed as no returns accepted, they'll probably give you your money back and let you keep the product. I once bought a part that was mislabeled, basically it was a lower model of what was listed and I opened a claim asking for only a partial refund. EBay gave me a full refund and said keep it.

• Like 2

That shit'll buff out.

Seriously though, there is a special place in hell for fucktards that dont package stuff properly, equally more so for the knuckle draggingers in the freight companies that think it's ok to play basketball with peoples stuff.

• Like 6

if you are looking for an upside - at least you got the part.

Last car parts I bought on e-bay - a pair of fiberglass flared front fenders for a 510 - were never shipped and seller wouldn't return any messages.  Eventually got my money back but like you I didn't want the money - I wanted the parts.

--carter

• Like 2

if you are looking for an upside - at least you got the part.

Last car parts I bought on e-bay - a pair of fiberglass flared front fenders for a 510 - were never shipped and seller wouldn't return any messages.  Eventually got my money back but like you I didn't want the money - I wanted the parts.

--carter

Happened to me when i ordered a windshield seal :(

• Like 1

Just got a package in the mail from Matt. Dudes not a hypocrite about his shipping

Parts wrapped in old tshirt, wrapped in cellophane, wrapped in bubble wrap, surrounded by more bubble wrap to keep things safe.

I can say I'm generally not that careful

image_zpsbl2takk2.jpg

image_zpsnhtcf0yi.jpg

image_zpshx9goeu6.jpg

image_zpshr6jgqv8.jpg

And then the box shows up soaking wet because shippers don't give a shit. Parts are good though

• Like 1

I would have used a bigger box if I'd had one handy ;)

As for the fender.  The seller is trying to do a claim through UPS, but I don't have high hopes for a positive outcome considering the packaging.  Seller says the UPS people assured him it was sufficient, and they very well may have, but when it comes down to it I'm sure they'll fight tooth & nail to avoid paying a claim, turning it into a he-said-she-said scenario.  I did a "phone inspection" with UPS because I didn't want to let them take possession of the fender and possibly never see it again, since it's essentially irreplaceable and I decided, whatever the outcome, it's still better than a rusted out used one.

Sometimes the best way to handle a situation like this is to have UPS of FedEx package the item. Then if some thing goes bad they are definitely on the hook. Sucks for the person paying shipping but it insures safe packaging because they're sure as shot going to make sure it's wrapped up tight to not have a problem later. Whoever packages it gets the blame

I've never had issues with shipped items from Ebay or private. Never gotten soaked deliveries because they would put it in a plastic bag, never damaged because they take care and care for their jobs and respect from customers. Now that's here in New Hampshire, maybe out West those who deliever for UPS or FedX are simply clueless. When I lived in LA I remember recieving plenty of F'K'D Up packages.

I once bought a nos trunk lid for my 73' Subaru coupe and the seller sent it USPS and when I got it it looked like a forklift ran it over. I was actually expecting minor damage, but not a completely destroyed trunk lid. Of course they took no ownership to the damage. My fault in not buying insurance I guess, but who can totally destroy a braced steel trunk lid right? I only paid $40 for it so it's less the $ than the loss of a difficult to impossible to replace part