521 motor mounts

Crashtd420

So after a long discussion with wayno I decided to make this post..

I want to find out what everyone is doing about motor mounts.

I am mostly questioning the 521 with an L series motor..

This is purely about the stock setup not motor swaps.

I know earlier 521 have the j motors and i believe you can get the mounts they need but I am not certain. Feel free to post that info if needed.

I am hoping to find an accurate part numbers. I know the 521 mounts are no longer available but wayno say he uses ones from the 620. I will post a few pics of the differences soon.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This what I did before I talked to wayno. Turns out the mount is from a 720 and gets listed for the 521 worse part is I thought it was a 620 mount. Either way Dea a6353 is Not correct for a 521. I cut and welded the factory bracket to make it work. I was happy till I got to the passenger side. Oil filter clearance issue.

20161024_163454_zpsbjwlgr5b.jpg

Pretty sure these are the part numbers:

OEM Number: 

RH side: 11228 14801

LH side: 11228 14801

Supposed N.O.S: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Front-Engine-Mount-for-Datsun-Pickup-520-521-11228-14801-/131992531341?hash=item1ebb5e318d:g:UykAAOSw3ydV6byJ&vxp=mtr

Mexico: http://www.2040-parts.com/engine-mounts-for-rh-amp-lh-pair-for-datsun-truck-520-521-620-1965-1975-i1877506/ 

http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-pickup-parts.html

Not in stock but you can email the dude and ask him?  

DATSUN L520 L521 ENGINE MOUNTS

FRONT ENGINE MOUNTS WITH THE L16 ENGINE.

ITEM IS 100% GENUINE OEM FROM NISSAN, BRAND NEW

PART: 52180

DATSUN PL620 ENGINE MOUNTS

This item is 100% genuine OEM from Nissan, brand new PARTS FIT ALL 1972 TO 1979 YEARS PL620.FRONT ENGINE MOUNTS WITH THE L16 ENGINE

PART: PL62077

• Like 1

Ya no that's not gonna help... the first Web site those mounts are no longer available.. and I think it may only be correct up to 74.. I believe 75 to 79 have different mounts one of which I belive to be an acceptable replacement. .

And the others on ebay I belive are for the j motors.

• Like 1

My oil soaked side looks like the A2533, while the dry side looks like A2532, that doesn't mean they are the ones I have, but they look like mine.

As I mentioned to you in the messages, they were not easy to install, I had to fight them but eventually succeeded, as I recall I connected the passenger side first, then the mount to the engine mount bracket first on the driver side, then I got one frame bolt started by twisting the mount at an angle, then I had to twist the mount around till I finally got the other hole aligned and the bolt started all this while holding the engine in the air with a jack under the oil pan trying different heights, it was a pain, a lot of cursing occurred during the process, I have dual SUs that were in the way also, I was very happy once I was done, very happy it was over with.

• Like 1

I have to agree from our earlier conversations and the pics And yes the closer I look it does look like you used the 2 different mounts from the 620.. is there any way you could measure both of your motor mounts. Just the height between the frame and bracket. I am curious if they are the same height?

It looks like kelowg used 2 a2533 and feels they are a little tall I wonder if we could use 2 of the a2532 instead would that make a difference.

• Like 1

Here's what I found. It shows two different mounts for a 620.. I think he used the driverside mount for both..

Screenshot_2016-11-29-08-50-23_zpsye74yj

Those are 620 mounts, they look like the later model L20B mounts for the 620. The earlier mounts may be the same, I haven't compared L16 to L20 mounts. 

Passenger side mount is a smidge over 1-7/8". I donated my drivers mount at some point so I can't measure, but I believe they are the same thickness. 

• Like 1

It appears that the 521 mounts and the 620 mounts are about the same height, left 720 mount, middle 521 mount, and right 620 L20b mount, I don't have both types of 620 mounts, as it appears that the engine I got these 620 mounts off of used the right side mount on both sides, I suppose I could have them mounted on the wrong sides in my work truck also, they work so I drive it, it was too much of a pain installing them to change them now if they are on the wrong sides.

DSCN6142_zpsyy7owmg3.jpg

720 on the left and 521 in the middle.

DSCN6144_zpsija88moh.jpg

Right side 620 mount on the right and 521 in the middle.

DSCN6143_zpsznnjmsb8.jpg

• Like 2

So first if you own a Datsun and dont join this sight your a fool.... ask a question and some one here has probably delt with it... with that said i shoupd have clearly joined years ago...

With that said. Heres what i found. there are clearly some differences in the motor mounts... seems like the 520 with the j motor had one type of mount while some early 521s may have had the same mount even with an L series engine like some here claim... the later year 521 as well as the early 620 had a similar mount... which seems to be able to be swapped for the 75 to 79 620 mounts.... good luck and hope this helps..

• Like 1