All the brakes in a 13 inch wheel.

scooter

So... I want moar brakes.

Ive been reading on datsun1200.com about using a 257mm s13 rotor and toyota s12+8 calipers.

Anyone on here put this together before? Oh and i want to stuff it half inside a steel 13 inch racing rim.

The s12 brakes i have now are better than stock by an enormous amount but it still needs a thicker rotor. Still cookin the front brakes, and the s12 calipers kinda suck. flexy and shitty pad selection.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'79-'83 280zx or '80-'84 Maxima struts. Huge calipers and vented rotors. The Maxima rotor is only a couple of mm smaller than the zx which is 251mm. Shorter struts too. Don't know about the Maxima hub, but the zx hub moves the rim inward 3/4" on each side.

I have Maxima struts. Don't know about 13" rim clearance, I switched to 14" S110 (200sx) factory aloy

710strutupgrade004Large.jpg

'79-'83 280zx or '80-'84 Maxima struts. Huge calipers and vented rotors. The Maxima rotor is only a couple of mm smaller than the zx which is 251mm. Shorter struts too. Don't know about the Maxima hub, but the zx hub moves the rim inward 3/4" on each side.

I have Maxima struts. Don't know about 13" rim clearance, I switched to 14" S110 (200sx) factory aloy

710strutupgrade004Large.jpg

This looks verrry similar to what i currently have. My caliper brackets are slightly different to take the s12 200sx pads, caliper looks identical though. The rotor looks the same.

If i put the s13 rotor on, bolted on the back , it is 7mm bigger and quite a bit fatter, i also have a new set of s13 rotors and my stock s10 200sx hubs look alot like a10 hubs, which space the rotor even farther back. The oics on 1200.com show this combo with the yota caliper bolted right to the strut instead of using an adapter.

Another axe to the nissan sliding calipers is that they do flex alot.

Zx parts are a pain in the ass to get locally here. Also this combo is "bigger" than zx brakes and i think it will still fit in my rims.

The term S13 is actually the early Nissan 240sx and why I was confused about the rotor/caliper. That's the early Toyota 4x4 non vented rotor caliper and also called the S12X8. They are massively heavy but they do stop well. I rebuilt a set for my 620 that had a SAS front end with an early Toy axle. Four piston calipers would stop a 3,400 pound truck extremely well. After about 86? a vented rotor was used and the same caliper was widened to fit... making them incredibly large and heavy.... alright on a tuck but I don't think acceptable for adding to the unsprung weight of a car.