Turbo SR Using Nitrous To Fill In Lag.

paradime

Understood. Nitrous oxide delivers more oxygen so more fuel is burned. 

Yah, after a closer look, I can see Scooter's setup is a wet shot with extra fuel being added in tandem with the nitrous. That also explains the secondary pump at 6.5 psi.

A dry shot allows the fuel system to compensate, either by running bigger secondary jets on the carb, or adjusting the mixture through the injection system. If I do something like this it will be a dry system. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With carbs you need to run a wet shot, or your carb tune up will be insanely rich, or youll be using hardly any nitrous, with efi you can use the injection to compensate for the nitrous.

The nitrous can act as a preignition suppressant, it does a great job of cooling the intake charge.

I allways kinda thought you would need to use it like how you run a turbo car, but really the nitrous is happy in high compression motors. Its an intresting beast.

This motor sounds great when its on the bottle, i really want to run it on the dyno cause it feels like it drops off at 7000 on the carbs but still is in full stump puller mode up there on the bottle. The 100 jets are getting installed in the spring, maybe even 125. That will be the most i can get out of this kit before upgrading solenoids (and connecting rods)

• Like 2