Progress on 85 720 4x4 (Merged threads)

la_leo

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update, got the drums off after beating the hell out of them and had them turned, got the rust off of the them and re painted them. Put them back on the truck this morning, tires on, off the jack stands!! Finally rolls free. I'll be picking it up on my trailer this Friday and really start to get into it. Can't wait to try and fire it up and get started. I'll post pics as I go. Thanks to my brother I'll have a new set of Firestone Destination MT's to put on it. Plus a new set of Tacoma Seats, which I'm sure will take some modification.

• Like 2

How the hell did you guys see the ST on this picture????

20161122_165523_zpsqcgmmyk3.jpg

Mike if you look close you can make out the leading edge of the sun roof.

I hope that all the different threads on thid truck get merged so myself and others can folow this build proression.

la_leo please pick one of the threads for this truck and ask Mike or another mod to merge the other threads into your choice of threads on this truck.  Too hard to follow the progress with so many threads.

You have a great find there.

I purchase a $200 dollar 1985 2WD ST 720 mainly for the ST wheels and no title.  Then Mark (Pacific Coast Datsun here on Ratsun) needed a dailey driver so I went through the abondoned title process and ended up putt $1100 dollars into it to find out from my alignment guy that it has a bent frame.  So I now have an ST parts truck.  LOL

Please make it easier on us old farts!

• Like 1

Mike if you look close you can make out the leading edge of the sun roof.

I hope that all the different threads on thid truck get merged so myself and others can folow this build proression.

la_leo please pick one of the threads for this truck and ask Mike or another mod to merge the other threads into your choice of threads on this truck.  Too hard to follow the progress with so many threads.

You have a great find there.

I purchase a $200 dollar 1985 2WD ST 720 mainly for the ST wheels and no title.  Then Mark (Pacific Coast Datsun here on Ratsun) needed a dailey driver so I went through the abondoned title process and ended up putt $1100 dollars into it to find out from my alignment guy that it has a bent frame.  So I now have an ST parts truck.  LOL

Please make it easier on us old farts!

Will do. I posted an update yesterday on the other thread. I sent a PM to mike.

• Like 1

Thank you this will be an interesting journey to watch and help if we can.  You have a truck worth some blood and sweat dollars to make it what it can be.  I applaud you on staying after it on the brake drums, I think every Datsun owner that does there own work has had this problem.

I put a thin coat of never seize on my axle flanges and the mating surface of the drum.

Holy shit! That thing was dir-ty! That's a really cool two tone paint job. Is that original?

EVERYTHING is orginal. But that includes the fuel filter, plug wires, really I don't think the guy I bought it from had any concept of maintenance!
  • Like 1

My damn sunroof shattered on the ride home! Any idea if it can be replaced with a Solid cover?

That is a SUPER BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That piece of glass was worth a bunch. Super Dooper Front Pooper rare. Assholes to the rear.

36023394-nissan-pickup_zpsuml94cdy.jpg

Well maybe not that ^^^ rare.

I'm sure can make some kind of waterproof replacement for the sunroof. Plexiglass and FLEXSEAL.

At this point you should decide if it's going to be a 4x4 hunting truck or a rare Nissan ST 4x4 rebuild.

Does it start?

You posted the clutch went to the floor.

Decide how much time and $$$ you are willing to put into it.

Figure out your priorities.

Thanks for posting afterbath pics.

Looks slick wet.

• Like 1

I started tearing into it today. It's going to be hunting truck but I'm going through it pretty good. I love OEM for the moSt part so I'm going to hunt a sunroof glass. So far I've changed the fuel filter and drained the tank. I just ordered the fuel pump filter and a bunch of other things since it wasn't stocked at the parts house. I bent the dang alternator bolt whIle changing the belts so I have to match that. I have a massive list of maintenance items to knock out.P.S. those are two really cool pickups!

• Like 2