#41 Japrnoo

Japrnoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cars:Audi S3 8l & Datsun 510

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

I made it! 

I'm sorry I forgot to take my camera to garage today so phone pics only but i will post some pics after my vacation but here's what has been happening.

First, you can't get 11mm ball joints from Finland, I didn't have much time so i did some research and found a guy who was selling a set of steering knuckles for 14mm ball joint.

I bought those and ordered 14mm ball joints from my friends car parts store. First problem down.

My friend finally got the rear brake caliper brackets ready and I got my rear control arms back, first thing i did was to take the old bearings off and weld 3mm thick reinforcement plates where the shock bolts in. Next day I took all the rest of the suspension parts to sandblast and powder coat. I have to thank the company who did it they got all the parts ready in 24 hours! 

jarrua10.jpg

kynkyt10.jpg

kelkka10.jpg

So then i got all the parts i needed, last Monday i went to the garage and assembled all the front suspension parts. On Wensday I assembled all the rear suspension parts and spend Thursday night welding a reinforcement bar under the trunk. On thursday night at 11pm the car was back on it's wheels and ready to go rollcage shop.

front_10.jpg

Today me and my dad took the car to roll cage shop and it will be ready in the next two weeks, when i get it back I will take a little "break" from the project because I need to work more so i can save money for the new parts hah. I will do all the "free" stuff on the while. ( new handbrake assembly etc.) 

traile10.jpg

Now, in the next 10hours I will hop into a plane to Mexico and relax for 2 weeks! Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone! 

#42 KELMO

KELMO

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Cars:71 Goon, 72 1200 coupe x 2, 69 F250

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

That trailer looks pretty awesome, more tie down points than you can shake a stick at.

NISMO: Nissan Impresses Sluts More Often
"Well, primer gray IS a color..." (quote: Kelmo's wife)

#43 Japrnoo

Japrnoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

Happy new year!

Yeah I got the Datsun back from the shop yesterday and i'm stoked to work on it again!

So this it how it looks now.

38662181605_e82512b979_b.jpg

25688094188_5b6e7d025f_b.jpg

24690760587_612727a82b_b.jpg

The guy also fixed twio rust spots under the windshield so i dont have to worry about those either.

25688125908_bd5a3e8f9a_b.jpg

While assembling the rear suspension i noticed that my shocks are too short so i need to buy atleast 7cm (3") longer shocks to get the rear high enought. 

I'm not 100% sure what to do next but i'm pretty sure that i know it next week when i go to garage and start to think the next move.

That's it for now!

#44 dat

dat

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cars:Datsun, triumph, fords, volvo

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

Hi Japrnoo. Been following this. Very nice. I have exactly similar car. Same colour, year and happens to be in Finland too........Where did you order parts to your project? Looking for poly bush set and some other bits. Also I noticed that even the interior of your car has same colour as mine. I need new red rear seat and thought what happened to yours? Obviously you do not need it anymore. Would you like to sell it?

#45 Japrnoo

Japrnoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

Hi Japrnoo. Been following this. Very nice. I have exactly similar car. Same colour, year and happens to be in Finland too........Where did you order parts to your project? Looking for poly bush set and some other bits. Also I noticed that even the interior of your car has same colour as mine. I need new red rear seat and thought what happened to yours? Obviously you do not need it anymore. Would you like to sell it?

Hi! Thank you. 

I sent you a PM recarding to interior and polybushes.

#46 Japrnoo

Japrnoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

Hi guys! 

Not much has happened. Been just welding some reinforcement welds to body and sanding the interior ready for the paint.

I also bought L18 engine with SSS head and short Mikuni intake few weeks back. Ill be posting some photos after next week when i go back to the garage again!

#47 Hrvat9

Hrvat9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cars:1977 datsun 620

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Hey could you post the dimensions for those rear caliper brackets?? I need to get some made, or could I buy a pair off you or whoever made them?
1977 Datsun 620

#48 WAGON JON

WAGON JON

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Cars:510 wagon

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:55 AM

What a great build! Hooked!!

methylchloroisothiazolinone detective!
Encopresis breath!

#49 Japrnoo

Japrnoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

Hey could you post the dimensions for those rear caliper brackets?? I need to get some made, or could I buy a pair off you or whoever made them?

Hi! 

I can sell a pair. The Price is 350 euros + shipping. 

Really dont want to give the dimension, my friend spend 20+ hours to do those and I paid him over 500 euros for all that.

If you're still interested send me a PM.

What a great build! Hooked!!

Thank you! At the moment money is the only issue to get this forward but I'm trying to get that situation better!