A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tight looks good.  Wayno likes to build things the easiest way possible and buy doing so helps the Datsun community to get ideas of how to build things.  Some people jump into Datsuns with no mechanical abilities and if they stay with the project can turn out to be some pretty good wrenches and designers.

If you notice of the New repop bumberettes they will not fit the factory brackets for the 520 521.  The square whole for the tailgate bumper is on the outside of the bumber bolt on the repops.

The tailgate bumper bolt is on the inside of the bracket bolt on the factory bumperettes.  Just throwing this out for those people that have factory brackets and are wanting to buy the repop bumperettes.

• Like 2

If you notice of the New repop bumberettes they will not fit the factory brackets for the 520 521.  The square whole for the tailgate bumper is on the outside of the bumber bolt on the repops.

The tailgate bumper bolt is on the inside of the bracket bolt on the factory bumperetees.  Just throwing this out for those people that have factory brackets and are wanting to buy the repop bumperettes.

I never noticed this before, thankyou for pointing it out.

• Like 1

If you notice of the New repop bumberettes they will not fit the factory brackets for the 520 521. The square whole for the tailgate bumper is on the outside of the bumber bolt on the repops.

The tailgate bumper bolt is on the inside of the bracket bolt on the factory bumperetees. Just throwing this out for those people that have factory brackets and are wanting to buy the repop bumperettes.

Well there's another reason not to try and make those brackets for others....

To many variations to account for....

• Like 2

Parts are at the same blaster.... should be done by next Saturday...

In the mean time I got the rear window ready to install.. of course forgot the before pic before i added some tint ..

Well this is after...

20180121_134628.jpg

Changed some of the stickers..

20180121_173253.jpg

And installed the new gasket..

20180121_170524.jpg

Also got the windshield ready to reinstall... actually in better shape then I originally thought....

20180121_140505.jpg

Changed up some stickers and installed and new gasket....

20180121_162538.jpg

Got lucky with the gaskets... bought almost 3 years ago off ebay... they both fit real good to the glass quality seems good... now to install on the truck....

• Like 1

I used to haul my 1970 Triumph Bonneville to and from the Berkeley Hills in the back of my 320. It was much nicer than riding all the way there, plus I had a backup if something went wrong with the Bonneville.

Don't have any pics of it in the truck, but here's the bike.

P4240048_zps6bc0505e.jpg

• Like 1

So you're one of those crazy stunt bike guys... Do you know Darius Khashabi? He and I used to get into trouble together, back when we both drove 510's.

I tried... I did ok, i was hanging out with some guys called "racing905". i was still learning when I sliced my clutch hand open with a razor. Couldn't pull the clutch for 6 months, luckily i missed everything important..

i never got to meet Darius, but he was one of my first and biggest influence to start trying to stunt ride, not to mention he had an insane 240z...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S39rdD3hzJM

I havent watched that video in 10 plus years... car Just sounds sick.....

I did get to meet someone on darius's crew.. I think his name was lucas... kid was just as crazy... damn near dances around the bike while he's an inch off the 12 o'clock bar.... he came into our stunt spot one night doing just that....

• Like 2

It funny how life and people you meet or know comes back around like this....

You guys will like this story...

My wife and I were heading down a back road towards home one day and she says oh I dated a guy who lived down this road...

I said wow I dated a girl who lived down this road.... as we drove looking for the house we both happened to point to same one....

At some point my wife dated a guy in high school... many years later I dated that same guys younger sister....

• Like 2