Can you help identify these lines please?

tdskip

Good morning, hope everyone had a good weekend. Got a MAF ordered so on to the next set of questions. My SR20DE newbie is showing here, big time.

I am operating under the wild assumption that Nissan used these lines for good reason, I just don't know what that reason is :-)

Could someone please take me to school here and help explain what lines A, B and C are for and if they can/should be capped for a vintage swap. This is a SoCal car so unlikely to see any actual cold weather (if that matters).

77bc4c97-4ed9-442e-b447-fb9a9a026342_zps

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Can someone tell me why no Datsun owner likes Fram?

They are very low quality filters. Often times have cardboard ends. Known to collapse under load and can starve the engine of oil.

That being said, I've bought frams to paint engines, or for the startup diagnosis period. They are dirt cheap, and will see zero road miles.

• Like 1

Good morning - happy Friday to all.

I traced these lines and they all go to the intake, the two small ones up-front and the larger one (on the right in the picture) to the back underside of the intake.

That suggests to me that I can cap them and call it good for now, yes?

Thanks again for the help - getting closer to firing her up. Harness is in, engine and transmission mounts finalized, fuel system finalized, drive shaft mating Nissan gearbox to Triumph differential finalized, re-routing of clutch and brake lines finalized, radiator relocation finalized...

And by "finalized" I mean "it sure looks like it will work and my fingers are crossed". Grin.

If you have a place to hook them up, why wouldn't you?

Nissan put them there for a reason. Pretty sure their engineers are smarter than you or I.

Thanks for the note back.

No doubt that Nissan engineers are smarter than I am, but that is a low bar to clears as your average house plant is smarter than I am. They also were designing a modern car with lots of things I won't be using such as AC, power steering etc so there are some things I am going to do differently for my specific swap.

I have not been able to figure out how they were originally connected so I have them plugged for now so I don't get false air bypassing the MAF.