barNLove!

HOGIE

Bought a couple things for the truck today off ebay.

Fuel filter elements, I bought two, http://m.ebay.com/itm/152449183765?_mwBanner=1

And fuel line screens that go inside the steel fuel line just before the carb, I bought two as well, http://m.ebay.com/itm/162075262435?_mwBanner=1

I've been away from the truck for a week or so but I have been lubing up the fuel sending unit periodically to loosen it back up. It's about there. Then it's just rubber lines and the fuel system will all go back together as close to brand new as it can be.

• Like 2
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Took the old tires off the stock steel wheels by hand, to save a few bucks, and then took the wheels to work to strip the old paint off. Once cleaned I started to call around to powder coaters. Then my coworker tells me the steel fab place he used to work at does powder coating and thus...

image_zps8hgyjgzf.jpg

Free.99 to this point with a little help from my friends.

Now to dismount and mount the tires I scored and it's ready to roll

• Like 5

Time to go start playing with the industrial sewing machine at my dads too to get that bench seat done.

I think I'm going to buy cheap leather jacket and make a seat for my cruiser first to get some practice

• Like 3

Oh snap! It's getting real.

What's the name of the place that does coating?

If you're looking for a cheap place for powder coating, I got mine done at Les Schwab.  It's $30 total for blasting and coating.  The downsides are that they only have something like 8 colors to choose from and it's not exactly the best results, but IMO good enough for the price.

I heard they ship it out to somewhere in OR and the turn around time is 1-2weeks.

• Like 3

I'll talk to my guys at the Harlow store about this, would love my rims on my 620 refreshed!

Took the old tires off the stock steel wheels by hand, to save a few bucks, and then took the wheels to work to strip the old paint off. Once cleaned I started to call around to powder coaters. Then my coworker tells me the steel fab place he used to work at does powder coating and thus...image_zps8hgyjgzf.jpg

Free.99 to this point with a little help from my friends.

Now to dismount and mount the tires I scored and it's ready to roll

Those look AWESOME!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished the brake job today. Well still need to install master cylinder and bleed brakes. New rubber lines, drums, shoes, adjusters, new wheel cylinders up front and rebuilt rears.

Put on the new shoes and dropped it down for the first time in a while. Pushed barNLove outside, which was a lot easier than getting it in the garage without the drums dragging.

Ahhhh fresh air!

image_zpsreanpzfs.jpg

Drivers side without the caps.

image_zps45xjvtnl.jpg

Back in the garage nose out this time.

image_zpsbz1qpsud.jpg

• Like 3

Next is to reinstall the fuel tank, lines, fuel filter bowl, fuel pump, rubber lines and gas door. I removed the door to pull the filler neck then just ended up hack sawing the old rubber filler tube as is sits.

• Like 2

Next is to reinstall the fuel tank, lines, fuel filter bowl, fuel pump, rubber lines and gas door. I removed the door to pull the filler neck then just ended up hack sawing the old rubber filler tube as is sits.

While you have the fuel tank out is there any chance you can measure it for me? I'd love to retrofit mine with a poly tank if possible. 

• Like 1

While you have the fuel tank out is there any chance you can measure it for me? I'd love to retrofit mine with a poly tank if possible.

I will but Wayno said this about my NL320 tank

they are not the same as the L320, they are different....

• Like 1

They are different, but the size is the same, the difference is that the L320 tank fill outlet comes out the top side of the tank pointing up slightly, while the NL320 tank fill outlet comes out of the middle side of the tank straight sideways.

The mount holes on the L320 tank from front to rear are around 29 1/2 inches apart and it is about 30 1/2 inches long total, the tank is about 13 inches wide at it's widest points, it is around 8/9 inches deep.

The only benefit of having a plastic tank is that it will not rust the tank if you buy that ethanol crap they call gas these days, if you do not daily drive your Classic Datsun you should buy non-ethanol gas, I do and have no issues with my metal tanks, I do buy regular pump gas for the work truck as I am constantly driving that truck, so the crap they are selling as gas don't sit in it long.

It's kinda funny, when I was a kid they considered plastic gas cans as dangerous, I could not buy gas for my lawn mower unless it was a metal gas can, and I still have metal gas cans from that era, but I don't have any plastic gas cans half that age.

• Like 2