Ratwagon's project Trois, the 720 "Sleepa" Uterus

Maiden voyage now its registered.

What was awesome was my 7 year old son asked if he could come for a ride tothe gas station.

He loves the fact that it "sounds like a race car".

Ha ha, i explained to him about the v6 conversion.

• Like 4
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK!!

So, a couple of weeks ago I damaged the E brake cable on my trailer when driving the uterus on.

Ordered replacement cable from Ebay seller in Thailand and finally got around to replacing it last night.

Wrong cable sent!

Nissan dealer in Australia shows them as no longer available though im hoping my friendly auto parts store has a supplier for an aftermarket one.

Genuine Nissan part is 3640001W00.  Ute is a 2/82 LWB single cab 2 wheel drive with an L18 engine.

Any of you awesome people wanna see if they are available Stateside for me please; noting the shipping costs are going to be a killer!

Thanks guys.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Replacement ebrake cable arrived and its about 2 inches too short.

Filthy fuckin Malaysian egay vendor.

Fark.....................

Ive replaced the mirrors on the doors with some cheap arse Ratsun inspired mirrors and they look ok.

The tray currently has a big arsed supercharged V6 and gearbox sitting on it.

Today saw the rear wheels replaced with some 8" rims and tyres.

Still havent sorted my oic hosting issues :(

• Like 1

In the States the long bed and the king cab 720s share the same cables.  I beleive the ebrake cables changed in late 84 with the self adjusting rear drum brakes on the standard cab. King Cab, and the long bed trucks.

Please post the name of the ebay seller that supplied the wrong cables as I am getting ready to order for my 520 and my 86 King Cab.

• Like 1

In the States the long bed and the king cab 720s share the same cables.  I beleive the ebrake cables changed in late 84 with the self adjusting rear drum brakes on the standard cab. King Cab, and the long bed trucks.

Please post the name of the ebay seller that supplied the wrong cables as I am getting ready to order for my 520 and my 86 King Cab.

Hey Charlie.

Seller had a pretty high rating, hence my purchase.

Not! Reccomended!

http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/lilavadee?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

• Like 1

Thank you for the heads up on the bad non fitting parts.  I have purchased a lot from overseas sellers on ebay and have had some trouble but considering the volume I was buying a few years back it was a low percentage.  That said it does not make it any more pleasant when it happens.  I have never purchased from that seller.

RW in you town/city is there anyone local that makes cables.  If you yhink about it every vehicle has some kind of a cable on it and for there not to be anyone locally making cables it is hard for me to beleive.

Call some of the more industrial parts suppliers and ask if there is anyone making e brake cables.

Thanks Charlie, I can actually make the cables myself, Im just being damm lazy.

This is what I will be doing to remediate the issue I now find myself faced with.

I have ends I can clamp on with my hydraulic press so I just need to pull my finger out and do it.

Woulda been easier to buy them premade, clearly that didn't work.

• Like 2

You cannot leave negative feedback on Ebay, it's impossible, don't believe me, just try, it's impossible as I have tried.

The Ebay feedback system is rigged, if you leave less than good ratings the system will not except it, it kicks it back(at least it did when I tried to leave neg. feedback), I told them what the issue was and they just opened a claim against my wishes, I even told them I was not interested in opening a claim, I said "I just want to leave negative feedback", they said "so you are closing the claim", and I said "I never wanted to open a claim in the first place", they closed it and said I had no right to leave negative feedback as the claim is closed.

It's rigged, all you can do is buy small and if things go good with that seller then buy from them again.

I recently bought from a guy on here(Ratsun), but when I asked for better photos he directed me to his auction on Ebay, I looked at the photos and selected the "Buy it Now" option and paid for it, he got back to me that he was out of town and would ship as soon as he got back(labor day weekend), I got them and once the mail lady scanned it, it showed as delivered on my computer, a couple hours later I received a message via Ratsun asking me to leave good feedback so he could get the money out of Ebay/Paypal, I messaged back that the Ebay feedback system was rigged and I had not left feedback on Ebay in years, but I said I would leave positive feedback as he deserved it so he could get his money out of that system(holding his money hostage), I also said we should have done the deal outside of Ebay since I first seen the parts on Ratsun and only wanted a couple better photos.

I figure if the seller has been on Ebay a long time it is likely safe to buy from them.

By the way, what is the lowest feedback number you have ever seen on Ebay, the lowest I seen while just looking was 97%, give me a break, it has to be rigged if a guy selling Champion Radiators for a 521 has a 99% to 100% feedback rating.

• Like 1

Woulda been easier to buy them premade, clearly that didn't work.

Had a similar situation with a cheap Thailand made bonnet cable on my wagon.  Because of the RHD, I had to buy one from ebay.  It is also too short.  It works, but it would end up too far forward on the kick panel.    It's cheaply made and flimsy. 

I'm either going to repair the original, or take it to a local cable place and have them do it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

This Imgur account is easy for me to copy photos and paste them here, right click on photo, copy image. paste it here, very easy, some accounts are not easy, Flicker on the other hand is almost always hard to copy photos, sometimes I can open the photo in another window and copy it, sometimes that doesn't even work.

X9cV8Zr.jpg

OK, finally got my shit sorted with Imgur.

Small update.  Whislt definitely still on the cards, the V6 conversion is being shelved for the short term.

I dug out my side draft Dellortos and am in the process of fitting them up (need to make up linkages).

KUEQ4gL.jpg

Going to get bugger all power out of them on the stock motor but at least it will sound better :)

Made a seat base out of scrap material I had lying around.  Whilst its a bit agricultural in design, it works really well, bolts up to the original mounting points on the floor and the seat is fixed exactly where I want it.

4ED4ssh.jpg

UepnuNh.jpg

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice an alloy "drift style" ebrake next to the seat.  Ive given up on the cable setup as the supposed repro cables I finally found in Straya are still about 15mm too short.  More fun with a hydraulic setup; I just need to make a mounting plate for it, bolt it in the right place and plumb it into the brake system (easy).

Decided it needed to go moar low so torsion bars wound right down and a set of three inch lowering blocks in the back.  New rear shock absorbers and 15 * 8 back wheels for a abit more of an agressive stance.

076sDBr.jpg

Floor shift 5 speed and ligtened flywheel from rally car to go in and a new wood rimmed sports steering wheel and it will be ready for driving again real soon.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still looking forward to the V6 swap. :devil:

So am I.

I quit my job in December (because I could) and I won’t start my new one for a couple more weeks so my play money account has dried up for the short term.

Rest assured it will happen this year!

• Like 2

Those are sweet they have some nice fine tune cable adjustments.. I used that setup on my single 40dcoe.... I didn't have the spring for my foot peddle... I like the extra springs for the return....

I was gonna say try eurocarbs but after the currency conversions I think they are about the same price....

• Like 1