• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tunedbytad LS7 427 73' 620 again

last thread got locked..

there was question to my project being legit

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69757-tunedbytad-ls7-427-73-620/

There was lack of interest on your part.... you abandoned it.

So stop posturing and post something about a Datsun 620. It would be nice to see a V8 swap that was actually finished.

• Like 3

Are you doing an engine swap or a body swap?

Supsension / Brakes /ABS / Rims / Fuel Lines / Frame Donor

20160624_152247_HDR_zpsd2cgyhku.jpg

The old * still powerfull * LT1 V8 was sold for cash to help fund the project

Tunedbytad LS7 427 73' 620

20161019_172436_zpsrdbvo4gf.jpg

He's using a everything but the body and motor from the caprice, the 620 body, and the ls7 from the first post. But you can already see that from his posts...

• Like 1

Never understand facination with 'merican V8' swaps.

Unless they have a blower, or turbos, I haven't found many that can take my 183ci Japanese 6-cylinder.

No factory one ever has, and the only 2 that have were purpose built street racing cars.

And the ones with a supercharger, or turbos are hard pressed to take a Japanese 6-cylinder with a turbo.

Good luck with your 'wow' project, you will get a lot of 'wows' from people who don't know any better.

• Like 1

Wow ..............haters are going to hate

Well I like to keep my build all Nissan but that doesn't always workout .

I am also fond of the LS series , the new all aluminum ones are putting out 500 + HP and almost equal numbers in torque , and that's all day long , the one thing about the push rod little piglets is they are very narrow compared to the twin overhead cam Japanese V8's so they make a good swap motor for small car bodies .

Just my 2 cents ................If I had the cake I would put one in something for sure.

Cheers and good luck with your project so far so good .

• Like 5

Don't let that one guy discourage you from posting here ... I think it's an awesome idea

if you don't shorten the Caprice chassis, you could use a 620 king cab and a 620 long bed (but shorten the bed wheelbase by 2.5") .. the only problem is width. Is the Caprice really 77" wide? That's like 17" wider than a stock 620.

• Like 3