Trod8812

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do they have 1 inch spacers?

Walmart, ebay, independant car stereo shops

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Metra-824301-Universal-1-Spacer-for-6-to-6.-75-Speakers/43647686?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=299&adid=22222222227031454701&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=56383782296&wl4=pla-100823832296&wl5=9033344&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111830355&wl11=online&wl12=43647686&wl13=&veh=sem

http://www.ebay.com/p/scosche-ss65-car-speaker-adapter/1100062034?iid=252132866711&ul_noapp=true,true&chn=ps&lpid=82,82

Many years ago I put 6x9's with spacers in a 620. I think it was the hood release that wouldn't open due to space. Had to do something to modify the lever or move it. Otherwise I thought it fit ok. Looking back I would reccomend going smaller. 6" round seems ok but invest in high quality speakers. Over $100/pair

As for mids to high... separates can offer much higher quality than 2-way or 3-ways speakers. You might try some 6 inch separates and mount the round 6" speakers in the stock locations with 1 inch spacer rings to bring them out. Tweeters up on the dash. Power it with an amp and not the head unit. It'll have good punch if you bought good speakers. Not super low end bass though.

Pioneer does make a low profile subwoofer with a box specific for the unit. I'd suggest 10"

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PIONEER-TS-SWX2502-10-PRELOADED-SUBWOOFER-ENCLOSURE-LOADED-WITH-TS-SW2502S4/41119329?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=41119329&placement_id=irs-106-m3&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id&category=&client_guid=31be8e7a-ac2c-4f5a-ae16-99a3856302da&customer_id_enc&config_id=106&parent_item_id=39781817&parent_anchor_item_id=39781817&guid=13dfc0b9-ac5c-4d95-9b11-e53727220602&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

Does that Pioneer subwoofer have a built in amplifier or would I need to purchase a separate one?

Yes but I figure if I can get some decent bucket seats and I can get a amp mounted to the floor and run one of those small Pioneer subwoofers behind each seat with 6 inch speakers in the stock place

You're going to find out soon that most seats you want will be really tall on the seat cushion. Mounting this seats as low as they need to be will be at the sacrifice of space.

Find seats that fit then make your stereo fit available space. Not make your seats fit your stereo.

Where in Washington are you? You should have little problem finding actual 620 seats. None.

Renton Washington but I have had no luck finding an actual Datsun bench so I was going to go with buckets but the junkyards leave the windows down or the doors open, I found one 77 620 in a junkyard and was going to take the leaf springs cause my truck only has 2 but they supported the weight of the truck on the leaf springs and bent the way the fuck out of shape. I just have zero room behind the piece of shit seat I got now so I have been trying to find a bench ever since I got the truck with no luck. I found a Mazda b1200 but they were only selling it as is.

Renton Washington but I have had no luck finding an actual Datsun bench so I was going to go with buckets but the junkyards leave the windows down or the doors open, I found one 77 620 in a junkyard and was going to take the leaf springs cause my truck only has 2 but they supported the weight of the truck on the leaf springs and bent the way the fuck out of shape. I just have zero room behind the piece of shit seat I got now so I have been trying to find a bench ever since I got the truck with no luck. I found a Mazda b1200 but they were only selling it as is.

Actually the weight of the truck IS supported by the leaf springs so they may be bent but if you raise the truck they will relax back into position.

I had a 521 which has an incredibly small cab and the bench seat is about 3" thick. I made a triangular box large enough for a 6x9 speaker that would sit on the floor between hump and each side. Just measure the space you have an build the largest enclosure you can. For me a long triangle seemed the best shape.

I replaced the seat with buckets but an enclosure between the seats isn't an option... this is where your elbow is.

Keep checking inventory of Pick n Pull. Tacoma and Arlington.

Right now, 1978 Datsun pickup put in the yard Oct 20th!!!!  If it happens to be a kingcab, then you can expect it to have buckets, not a bench seat.

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.aspx?Address=98198&Lat=47.396488&Lng=-122.310787&Make=Datsun&Model=Pickup&Distance=100

I've had a few different sub setups over the years. I think in the end I figured out that in a small car, one 10" sub sounds the same as two 10" subs assuming you're still putting out the same power to it.

I think you'll be fine with a single 10" sub unless you're trying to compete with someone on volume level.

Wait.... I have a long bed with buckets in it that shouldn't be too hard to pull. King cab has buckets but I think they are welded on. Can come up to hoboland and look at them on Sunday as i currently have no plans that day if you want. At least, best i can tell its buckets in the long bed..... pm if interested? Possibly a bench in the long bed, I cant really tell off photobucket sorry.

Actually the weight of the truck IS supported by the leaf springs so they may be bent but if you raise the truck they will relax back into position.

I had a 521 which has an incredibly small cab and the bench seat is about 3" thick. I made a triangular box large enough for a 6x9 speaker that would sit on the floor between hump and each side. Just measure the space you have an build the largest enclosure you can. For me a long triangle seemed the best shape.

I replaced the seat with buckets but an enclosure between the seats isn't an option... this is where your elbow is.

• Like 1

IMG_4881_zpsqt4pshja.jpg

This is just about the worst way to lower. Less spring rate is going to increase the suspension travel over bumps.... on a 3" lowered truck??????????????????? You want MORE spring rate to reduce travel. Get another leaf about the same length or slightly longer that the second one down and have the arch removed so it doesn't raise the truck. Place between top and second leaf.

The 720 4x4 spring pack is stiffer and flatter.

• Like 1