Stereo

Trod8812

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Rick is saying is right. No such thing as bass in a two door pickup. No volume in the cab. I'd recommend 2XJBL10" or 1X 12". Put it in an appropriate band pass enclosure, put it in your truck, drive it home and tuck it in the back of a goon. If you don't have a goon, pick that up too.

• Like 3

What Rick is saying is right. No such thing as bass in a two door pickup. No volume in the cab. I'd recommend 2XJBL10" or 1X 12". Put it in an appropriate band pass enclosure, put it in your truck, drive it home and tuck it in the back of a goon. If you don't have a goon, pick that up too.

this, I used to have a Rockford shallow enclosure with a 12" in my s10, but if you're tall the only real room in a 620 is under the seat and there ain't much there either
  • Like 1

4 8" subs.

Problem though...you won't have room to get enough mid to equal your bass.

Do they still make Bazooka tubes?

Made a small self-powered sub to fit under your seat?

Cadence makes one I really like...

http://www.cadencesound.com/qsa-8-2/

That's a USB port away from being super awesome. :cool: 

• Like 2

It's a standard cab, I have been trying to find a stock seat ever since I got the truck with no luck, I was either thinking about a shallow sub behind the bench seat or trying to find bucket seats that can fit and putting a larger sub inbetween the seats. Just wondering what some good options are besides subway.

• Like 1

The two speakers voids in the kick pads are... pathetic. In my old 620 I cut these larger and managed two 6" speakers but barely mid range capable. I had two, what used to be called 'biscuit' speakers, laying on each side of the dash. These were high frequency units so the sound was very directional and pointing upward the sound reflected off the windshield and side window producing a nice stereo separation effect. High end should be, ideally, level with the ears. You could mount on the A pillar.

Here on, I have a King Cab so no difficulty mounting woofers in the back. For a Reg Cab I'm afraid only the door has a sizable void for a speaker. I detest cutting doors but it may be the only choice available. Two 6X9s per side should have enough surface area, but good ones, something that will take a good pounding. Fully insulate them and seal from the weather. Make sure they do not protrude into the cab and interfere with passenger or seats. Low frequency drivers are non directional so mount them anywhere. I did toy with the idea of mounting the sub in the proper size box in the bed and connecting it acoustically to the cab with a tunnel through the front of the box and the back of the cab. Just couldn't cut the body.

• Like 1

Rear window. Tear it out. Put in a few 15's in an enclosure in place of glass. Then mount a large led screen displaying the rear facing camera where the glass was. Or replace the mirror with a display. Or fuck it. Throw the engine in the bed and put speakers under the hood!!!

• Like 2

Type 620 bucket seats into the search function and start reading. The number of options is endless. Keep in mind the King Cab is more agreeable for the thick seat. A reg cab will need a thinner front to back to fit properly.

• Like 1

All I found in the search was d50 seats would fit and I currently have a shitty bench seat the the pervious owner put in and it's not even mounted to the truck, not many of the treads say bucket seats so I am having to go through a lot of them to find some information

As for mids to high... separates can offer much higher quality than 2-way or 3-ways speakers. You might try some 6 inch separates and mount the round 6" speakers in the stock locations with 1 inch spacer rings to bring them out. Tweeters up on the dash. Power it with an amp and not the head unit. It'll have good punch if you bought good speakers. Not super low end bass though.

Pioneer does make a low profile subwoofer with a box specific for the unit. I'd suggest 10"

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PIONEER-TS-SWX2502-10-PRELOADED-SUBWOOFER-ENCLOSURE-LOADED-WITH-TS-SW2502S4/41119329?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=41119329&placement_id=irs-106-m3&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id&category=&client_guid=31be8e7a-ac2c-4f5a-ae16-99a3856302da&customer_id_enc&config_id=106&parent_item_id=39781817&parent_anchor_item_id=39781817&guid=13dfc0b9-ac5c-4d95-9b11-e53727220602&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

• Like 2