Weber 40 DCOM

charolastra

Hello

I have a question, can I run a weber dcom on any datsun engine?

And what's the difference on dcoe and dcom carbs?

Some people says it's the new version of dcoe, some guys told me dcom carbs are for alfas, and another european cars and i can't run them on a datsun engine.

Im fucking confused right now

Thanks for the help

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know.....

There was a guy out of Italy selling the DCOMs on eBay, and I always figured I could get around any design differences, but I know that it may be a problem for some people.

From the site:

"40 DCOM - Some online sellers claim that these are the "latest" design from Weber. Quite simply, they will not work properly on any engine apart from the Alfa Romeo they were designed for. They are an emissions style carburettor and also use a completely different pump jet design. In fact they use a diaphragm for the pump circuit similar to that used on the Dellorto carburettor. Having attempted and spoken with numerous customers, you may obtain the 40 DCOM carburettor cheap, but you will spend three times more trying to get it to even resemble working."

Personally, that sounds like bull shit sales talk to me, by someone wanting to push his inventory over a good deal someone found somewhere else.

Jets are jets, floats are floats, acceleration circuits are acceleration circuits.

If you are going to pay someone to change jets until your car runs correctly on any carb, it's going to cost you more......

than if you pick up a book, learn how these carbs work, and do the job yourself.

Half the enjoyment of these old cars is the task of making them run the way you want them to.

If you want a Datsun to just drive around to look cool, or hipster,

just go buy a dodge mini-van.

You will enjoy life a lot more........

Didn't have a problem with em, but I never dealt with re jetting them , I've heard it can be harder to get jets... But also heard they are the same.

I was told the diaphragm pump was actually better

I got rebuild kits for them from Pierce manifolds

I actually still have them and need to sell em. One has a broken mounting ear... But the other is good. Just a needs a rebuild, but I've got two fresh rebuild kits

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Search and ye will be enlightened.... The first one is here on the Ratsun forum and it has lots of pics.

Weber carb guys DCOE/DCOM jets and misc. Q's?

"I have dual DCOM 40's , pretty much DCOEs with upgraded pump system"

"WEBER 40 DCOE: float in brass and pump system has integrated return. 
WEBER 40 DCOM: float in plastic and exterior return pumps. 
Fuel regulation is identical" 

"I've been digging out jets and chokes from the DCOEs that I got for use in my DCOMs. I thought I'd share some of what I'm finding now that I have both side by side.

The jets, chokes, tubes and gaskets are all interchangeable. However the carriers are different. The OMs on the right in the pic show an O ring for the idle jet carrier and the OE has two sets of threads. For the main assembly the carrier itself is the air corrector and would have to be drilled out to be able to use air correctors from the OE style.

On the pic of the bottom of the carbs you can see the big difference in the OM has a mechanical accelerator pump and the OE has jets for this circuit. I also noticed that the OM has a lock down for the venturies where the OE uses the air horns to lock it all in place.

The top view shows alot of changes. The OM fuel inlet is on the top and has a filter on the banjo bolt. OE is on the side and has a separate top mount for the filter all by itself. The OM also has both metered and direct vacuum ports and no accelerator jets."