Stewie's 521スカイライン(WorkInProgress)

Hello everyone im new to ratsun and datsuns In general, but this is not my first rodeo with a frame off redo. Which just happens to be what my 521 is in dyer need of at the moment. I'm not into stock or oem restoration, tho cool and i can appreciate the amount of detail it takes to do something of that nature. As for my 521 she is not going to be retaining very little of her factory parts. Basically she is going to keep her body fairly stock minus lip and fender flares. Other then that she is in for big changes.20160925_111640.jpg20160925_111813_001.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck, I saw it on fb the other day. Excited to see how this turns out. And just curious are you dead set on cutting the firewall? Datstang on here put his radiator in the bed. everyone has reasons for doing things the way they do though.

No i would rather not cut the fire wall. Just seemed like the easiest option. Not sure if a bed mounted radiator will cool enough and i want to try and keep a oem style. I would like the truck to look fairly stock on the exterior. Minus necessary mods like flairs for bigger tires and things along those lines. Thanks for the suggestion tho i had thought of a bed radiator or even doing a under the front radiator with a air shrouds to direct air up and through the radiator. I really will not know whats possible until i get the motor and trans test fit.
  • Like 1

Datstang has a V8 and it doesn't fit!!!! An RB is no where close to fitting a 521. When, not if, you cut the firewall, floor and trans tunnel  you will have no heater, so daily driver in Michigan late spring, summer and fall only. This will also move the shifter further back between the seats. Even moved back, that heavy six cylinder will upset the 521 handling. How will moving the engine back two cylinders affect your steering plans? Put the 521 body on that 240sx with a swapped RB.

• Like 2

Datstang has a V8 and it doesn't fit!!!! An RB is no where close to fitting a 521. When, not if, you cut the firewall, floor and trans tunnel  you will have no heater, so daily driver in Michigan late spring, summer and fall only. This will also move the shifter further back between the seats. Even moved back, that heavy six cylinder will upset the 521 handling. How will moving the engine back two cylinders affect your steering plans? Put the 521 body on that 240sx with a swapped RB.

An RB will fit in a 521 and there is one for sale all done in Riverside Ca. The V8 will fit easier though. run a newer engine with out distributor chevy that is or go with a mustang 302 distributor up front and narrow much more narrow.

• Like 2

An RB will fit in a 521 and there is one for sale all done in Riverside Ca. The V8 will fit easier though. run a newer engine with out distributor chevy that is or go with a mustang 302 distributor up front and narrow much more narrow.

That truck is badass, and super clean. Didn't he start a write up on here?

• Like 3

Im pretty set on an rb26...not v8s only only option is a sr....but i would much rather be different and do the rb.

Do it. It can be done and has been done already. But only 1 you would be 2. I am the only one with a FJ20 powered truck other then the 1200 UTE's in Aussie land. Being different is the way to go. SR's and KA's are so boring and over done. I want to go LS2 myself. It's a V-8 yes done already but not a 500 plus Hp LS2 yet. MIni tubbed . Wait I am jerking off right now..

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...