1980 210 Clutch Slave Cylinder Hardware

SwagginWagon

Making sure I'm posting it in the right place this time! 

I recently bought a 1980 210 wagon. The clutch went out, and it's because the bolt/pushrod that engages the clutch fell out( one of the previous owners MacGyver'd it.)  I've looked other places online, and I can't find anything helpful. I also bought a new slave cylinder and the only other piece that came with it was the bolt/rod, but nothing to hold it in place.

Any sources you guys would recommend?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing else to hold it in place.  It sits in between the slave cyl piston and the fork lever.  Spring tension of the fork retainer and residual hydraulic pressure keeps the rod against the piston, and if it's the RIGHT rod you can't get enough distance for the rod to fall out unless the fork fails to retract or gets bent.

Now, if someone put the wrong clutch and throwout assembly in, the fork will be too loose and the pin can fall out.

• Like 2

It may be loose fitting when the hydraulic system is dry. Install and fill the clutch slave with hydraulic fluid and then bleed the air out of the system. As Doug says.... it fits between the slave piston and the clutch arm. Spring and hydraulic fluid pressure holds it in place.

• Like 2

It may be loose fitting when the hydraulic system is dry. Install and fill the clutch slave with hydraulic fluid and then bleed the air out of the system. As Doug says.... it fits between the slave piston and the clutch arm. Spring and hydraulic fluid pressure holds it in place.

Huh. I'll try that. Thanks guys! :thumbup:

tEs66Vt.jpg?1

Yes I have seen those. The slave should come with a threaded rod, an acorn nut (called a push nut) with a rounded shoulder that fits the hole in the arm, and a lock nut to hold the set adjustment.

30628-H1600........................ threaded rod

08911-30810......................... lock nut *

30547-78001......................... push nut *

* both are the same as the PL510 but can't say about the threaded rod. The 521 isn't the same and the 510 used the same 4 speed and engine. If you find the correct metric thread rod make your own.

All these should be under $10 at the Nissan dealer.

• Like 2

Huh.  Looked up the slave for the '80 210 on Rockauto, and sure enough SOME of them come with a threaded rod.  Doesn't come with the 2 nuts though. 

Some have the normal plain rod, though.  Shows the same 2 types for the B210 as well.  My spare B210 trans uses the plain kind, but it's a 63-series dogleg 5-speed.  Don't feel like crawling in the dirt under the barn-buried B210 to see what it currently has.

• Like 1