Seattle-I need some help.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are people out there that use craigslist as a test, they put something out there for free and see what the response is to see if they have something, then they wait to see if someone offers them money for it.

It is likely that the person sold the head and dist, and is now trying to get something for the block, and I am of the opinion that whoever it is doesn't know shit as the they are calling a short block a long block.

Too stop them from using craigslist this way you flag the ad and get it removed, and every time it pops up again flag it and keep flagging it till it don't come up anymore.

^^^ that's not using flagging correctly. It's their stuff, they have the right to sell or give it away or even change their mind.

Posting something for free, then trying to start a bidding war is super lame but I don't see any actual evidence that this happened. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. No reason to flag the ad.

• Like 1

There are people out there that use craigslist as a test, they put something out there for free and see what the response is to see if they have something, then they wait to see if someone offers them money for it.

It is likely that the person sold the head and dist, and is now trying to get something for the block, and I am of the opinion that whoever it is doesn't know shit as the they are calling a short block a long block.

Too stop them from using craigslist this way you flag the ad and get it removed, and every time it pops up again flag it and keep flagging it till it don't come up anymore.

That's pretty dick given the evidence Wayno. I'd be pissed off if I was trying to give shit back and some punk kept flagging me.

• Like 1

Stroker L18 / 2.1

Turn Z22 mains down to L18 size, Z20E flattops and L18 rods.

2,086cc or 2.1 liters. With U67 head 11.02 compression. Un-shroud the valves and open up the chamber even more, clearance the block, say remove 6cc gives 10.1 compression. Rod stroke is a bit low I admit, but red line is about 6500.

• Like 2

^^^ that's not using flagging correctly. It's their stuff, they have the right to sell or give it away or even change their mind.

Posting something for free, then trying to start a bidding war is super lame but I don't see any actual evidence that this happened. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. No reason to flag the ad.

That's pretty dick given the evidence Wayno. I'd be pissed off if I was trying to give shit back and some punk kept flagging me.

Hey guys, if someone puts something on craigslist for free that has no intention of giving it to anyone, and then all these people are wasting their time calling the guy, and then it appears back on craigslist with a price, that is worth flagging.

That is like some pressure washing guy calling me asking for a bid over the phone when he knows I am a pressure washing guy, he is trying to figure out how I bid so he can under bid me, that is a waste of my time.

I know a person like that, I can tell you this, I would never give that person anything to sell for me, as they would lie to my face about how much they got for it.

• Like 2

I have never flagged anyone on craigslist, but I can understand why they would get flagged, as far as I am concerned list it for what you want, keeping in mind what you will take for it, then let them haggle you down, don't list it for free and then change your mind, especially after they have driven to your house which has never happened to me, but I have listened to others that this has happened to.

Oh and I have also heard of folks driving to a craigslist sellers house just to be told it was sold, then it comes up on craigslist again with the same photo at a higher price, I say flag them, and I mean flag them until they quit trying to list it.

It seems like everyone likes to tell me about their Craigslist horror stories, or maybe I am just the only one listening.

More than once I have had someone come to my house and point out that the part wasn't as good as expected, or it was damaged, and generally I just give it to them or reduce the price even though it was a great deal to start with, I actually have a conscience and feel bad that they drove to my house or where ever we planned to meet.

I called the original poster when it was free and he offered to leave it in the driveway for me to pick up. I didn't have the time like I thought so I passed on it. He said first come first served and gave me an address. I doubt he was playing some stupid game.

Pretty sure someone got it for free, kept the head and is posting the leftovers for sale. Good for him, he was the fastest one to snag a good deal. Now if he wants to try and sell it, that's his choice. No reason to flag his ad...

• Like 2

Interesting.

Still doesn't know what a long block is. At least he spelled my name properly.

I threw him a bone, replied this...

Long block

Page issues

Long block is an automotive term for an engine sub-assembly that consists of the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft (usually), and valve train A long block does not include fuel system, electrical, intake, and exhaust components, as well as other components (see below for a more complete list).

Short block. The long block is always a superset of the corresponding short block.

Cylinder head. A cylinder head assembly is installed with a head gasket and torqued to specification. Complete cylinder heads include valves, valve springs, valve guides (if applicable), valve seats (if applicable), valve locks, and valve keepers. Flathead engines include the valve train if it didn't come with the short block.

Camshaft in most engines. On many engines with timing gears, the camshaft is timed.

Oil pan and possibly valve covers.

A long block engine replacement typically requires swapping out parts from the original engine to the long block. These parts include the oil pan, timing cover, valve covers, intake manifold, emission-control parts, carburetor or fuel injection system, the exhaust manifold(s), alternator, starter, power steering pump (if any), and air conditioner compressor (if any).

You guys kill me...

So....do we know who this asshole is?

Court of public opinion says... asshole.

Not me

Fucking Ted, not to be left out, right away denies

Not yet, seems that he knows flatcats sexual preferences pretty well though

Rick..... cuts to the chase.

• Like 1