Ok, took off head and now I've got concerns. L20b

KoHeartsGPA

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went on a test drive, did well but need to change the jetting for cold weather, i still have it on summer jetting, she did good though, no hasitation and pulls hard :thumbup:

It's so nice to get shit buttoned up and go for the first drive, even better when all goes well.

• Like 1

Denser air draws in more gas so (within reason) it self adjusts for temperature. Altitude also isn't worth worrying about. Weber says that from sea level to 2,500ft there is very little change. I say if living at 2,500 ft then jet for it, so you are good above and below this point in your local.

• Like 1

Weather affects engine tuning. That's why EFI was invented.

If you have luck not changing for the weather or change of seasons, that's great, but if the seasons are vastly different, ie- 100 degrees in summer vs 30 in the winter, then I would plan on doing some seasonal tuning.

This is what I do for a living though, so I speak in terms of ideal scenarios.

• Like 2

Weather affects engine tuning. That's why EFI was invented.

If you have luck not changing for the weather or change of seasons, that's great, but if the seasons are vastly different, ie- 100 degrees in summer vs 30 in the winter, then I would plan on doing some seasonal tuning.

This is what I do for a living though, so I speak in terms of ideal scenarios.

Ya, that's why i also have a temp sensor on the radiator that is adjustable as to what temp i want the dual electric fans kickn in, i have them set at 180° now, 165° during 95°+ weather, and its awesome especially in traffic on a hot day.

• Like 2

If your cruising around your local area it shouldn't affect your tune that much.

Calculate your density altitude!!

If you tuned your car in Vancouver on a cold day, then drive it to Calgary when it's hot out, your gonna have issues. That's an extreme case but for 'muricans that's like going from LA to denver

• Like 1