1st post - 1986 Nissan 720 4X4 with Z24i engine

toddmull

I just got a 1986 720 4X4. It has the fuel injected engine (pics to come later). It is non street legal and will be used strictly as a deer lease truck. It has 122,000 miles on it and appears to be all stock except for the lift. So far I haven't had any problems with it but wanted to join this forum for when I do!

9LJvfQL.jpg?4

• Like 2
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun Todd. Now, first thing..... the Z24 is well known for blowing the head gaskets at 100K so time to have the head bolts re-torqued. It's really simple to do or have done.

On a a COLD engine take the valve cover off and loosen ONE bolt only. Now tighten to 60 ft lbs. Now move to the next bolt. You can do in any order you like but only ONE bolt must be loose at a time. Done, put valve cover on. That was easy. Nissan recommends doing this every tune up or... once a year.

That looks about right for the lift on  a 720 4x4. Nice truck.

• Like 2

Thanks for the head bolt advice. I'll do it on my next trip to the deer lease. I can't park the truck at my house to work on it due to Homeowner Association restrictions so i only get to mess with it in short bursts. This truck was sitting in a field for about 4 years until the owner decided to sell it. When I bought it I installed a new battery, new air filter, new antifreeze, and changed the oil. It starts right up and runs well though. I will take pics of the engine and interior next time I'm up there and post them. Somebody might see something that needs immediate attention.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...