Wiper Circuit Grounding to the Heater Fan Circuit

Noflers

Took me quite some time, but I finally got all the wiring in my 510 sorted out and everything worked. Until yesterday, when I went to switch the wipers on and nothing happened. I dug around for a few minutes, trying other circuits before I found that the wipers turn on when I turn on the heater fan.

The wipers and heater worked fine a couple days ago, now this, what's up?

I'm sure there is a bad ground, or improper ground, but I'm not sure where to look first. Right now, I can only keep the wipers on low or the heater and fan together draw too much power and cut out, plus I only have one wiper :/ I need to drive in the rain!

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I can only keep the wipers on low or the heater and fan together draw too much power and cut out, plus I only have one wiper :/ I need to drive in the rain!

The heater isn't electrical so the heater has no draw on the system. Did you mean the wiper and the heater fan together 'cut out'?

And what does 'cut out' mean?? Does it blow a fuse? Which one?

• Like 1

So it was working properly then? at one time, and then the wipers suddenly needed the heater on in order to work?

Just curious.... If you have the wipers on and turn the heater fan off, do the wipers return to their parked position or do they stop anywhere on the windshield?

• Like 1

Correct, randomly decided they needed the fan to be on...

And no, they don't park when I turn the fan off, they just stay wherever they are. If I turn the wipers off alone, they park.

• Like 1

Well it's getting power from somewhere..... or getting it's ground from somewhere.

Go to the wiper motor and find the Black wire. This is the ground wire so ground it with a jumper.

Does this help?

If different, what does it do now.,

• Like 2

Well it's getting power from somewhere..... or getting it's ground from somewhere.

Go to the wiper motor and find the Black wire. This is the ground wire so ground it with a jumper.

Does this help?

If different, what does it do now.,

I'm a dumb ass, just reread your post. Will report back when I try what you actually suggested.