Valve cover screws

Cannabinoidgenes

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did your friend block the timing chain tensioner from falling out????

Easiest, fastest, cheapest... go to fastener store with one of the others and get another with the same metric thread. If they don't look the same (who cares?) and if you don't want to look at them put in the back.

Go to Nissan for the exact replacement and ask for Nov '82 and up Z24 720, or '86-'88 D21 Hardbody with Z24i engine valve cover bolt # 01411-00161.... less than a dollar each but they will need to order them and there is a real chance of waiting 5 weeks to find out the are no longer available.

Find a Z24 engine or truck in a local wrecking yard and grab two. Put in pocket. Cost.... free.

• Like 1

Well, with help, you can leave the intake on the head when you lift it off. If the head needs to be milled or seriously worked on it way easier to take off then. Same when putting back on. Less work and chance of braking a bolt, and no need for a new gasket.

The gaskets should be put on dry without sealers or dressings. This includes the head gasket too. Only chev engines need that shit because the parts fit so poorly..

To prevent blowing the head gasket again, once a year, re-torque the head bolts. Do this on a cold engine, loosen only ONE bolt and tighten to 60 Ft Lbs. Only then move to the next bolt. Do the same. Do in any order you like, but don't loosen more than one bolt at a time.

• Like 2

What a friend.

Do you think the bolts are completely missing from your work space?

If I have a bolt that had not been found I start worrying about where that bolt went to.

Less about fastening the job back together and more about where did it end up...lime in the motor when o get ready to start this thing up.

• Like 1

They are the same size and pitch as the fender bolts. They are m6x15

These are the ones I bought. They fit all Nissan and Datsun fender bolt holes and also all A series. L series. And all naps z series motor valve covers. Z20 z22 z24. They work great and look great.

Screenshot_20161008_164201.png

So you can just leave the 2 empty for now. Or dig thru your bolt bucket or even pull 2 off your fender until you get replacements. Side note. If you pull fender bolts. Be careful. They love to snap right below the head. Spray some kroil oil up under the fender above the plastic water guard on the bolts or even pb blaster. But kroil is the best.

Also Dildo. Lol

Easiest, fastest, cheapest... go to fastener store with one of the others and get another with the same metric thread. If they don't look the same (who cares?)

Or spend $1 more, and get all matching.....

Personally, I like plated, or stainless.

These are the ones I bought. They fit all Nissan and Datsun fender bolt holes and also all A series. L series. And all naps z series motor valve covers. Z20 z22 z24. They work great and look great. Screenshot_20161008_164201.png

So you can just leave the 2 empty for now. Or dig thru your bolt bucket or even pull 2 off your fender until you get replacements. Side note. If you pull fender bolts. Be careful. They love to snap right below the head. Spray some kroil oil up under the fender above the plastic water guard on the bolts or even pb blaster. But kroil is the best.

Also Dildo. Lol

What? How did you get fender bolts from head gasket job gone awry out the gate?

These are the ones I bought. They fit all Nissan and Datsun fender bolt holes and also all A series. L series. And all naps z series motor valve covers. Z20 z22 z24. They work great and look great.

Screenshot_20161008_164201.png

Also Dildo. Lol

NOT  they are M6x1.0