Turbo questions related to SR20DET swap

im2bad4ya

I've tried looking but maybe you can guys can chime in.

I'm going SR20DET on my 510, the swap I picked up is a complete factory swap so I know I can't use the original turbo setup as it is (down pipe, exhaust manifold, etc). I want to stick to the stock T25 Garrett (at least for now) so I know I'll have to get a top mount turbo manifold and clock the turbo to make it work.

My question is how do I mount the internal wastegate, I'm not sure if there is a bolt on/plug and play bracket I can buy or if I have to fabricate something to make it work. I'm going with the CX Racing J-pipe since it's bolt on, set it and forget it. Also gonna go with the CX Racing new intercooler/radiator kit, supposedly doesn't require any cutting, just drilling holes for the bolts to mount the FMIC and radiator.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I figured it out. There's a bracket I can use if I clock the turbo so the outlet on the compressor housing is parallel to the exhaust housing. Now I just need to get a part number or find someone who sells them, but it's from a Mazdaspeed Protege. Pic for reference. You can't see the wastegate bracket but I remember that it uses the threads on the compressor housing to mount them, no modification required.

IMG-20120108-00045.jpg

Mine isn't a top mount but I did clock the turbo a bit.  I had to get an extension for the internal wastegate arm from ATPturbo.com and might have moved the bracket on the compressor housing but it worked.  ATP has all kinds of brackets and IWG parts.

Do you even need a new bracket if you do top Mount ? . I can't remember . Mine is external wg

It seems so because if I throw the turbo on as is on the top mount the compressor out flange points towards the engine.

Mine isn't a top mount but I did clock the turbo a bit.  I had to get an extension for the internal wastegate arm from ATPturbo.com and might have moved the bracket on the compressor housing but it worked.  ATP has all kinds of brackets and IWG parts.

Found it  :thumbup:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-011&Category_Code=VSR2

• Like 1