New B210 Owner!

rcafcoburn

Hi everyone,

Just made a couple posts on some threads but thought I should share my new car with you in a separate thread. 
I picked up a 1978 B210 2 door sedan from a guy in Regina, SK. I think he was the 3rd owner but not 100% sure.

It's not in great shape but can't expect much from a Canadian car...

I'm looking for a few parts and hopefully you guys can help me out one day! 

Needs fenders, front grille turn signals, wiper arms, (a floor, like really bad), front side markers, center console plastics, new seats (or covers).

Came with a Weber carb installed, which is nice! I'll be replacing the air filter once I get it back as well. Looking for something that fits properly without zipties  :thumbup:

iFBUyfD.jpg

cNcQQeQ.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone,

She's coming along. Pretty solid. Survived about 750kms of highway going northwest from Regina to Cold Lake, so I'm certain she'll be a good fit! Currently under the knife for a new head gasket and few bits and pieces, but once she's home, I'll be doing brakes, de-rustifying it and hopefully getting her Alberta ready! 

I'll be looking to repaint once the bodywork is complete, haven't completely set myself on a colour but I tested "calypso blue" which was a Ford colour match rattle can and it looked damn good! I'm also tempted to try a dark cherry colour, but I'm not confident it'll work well.

Thanks for the link Datzenmike, I'll take a look through there for parts.  :thumbup:

I know this is only a small fix, but you can find those metal clips for the weber filter online. They clip in the groves on the top of the metal portion of filter-  That will get rid of your zip ties. Pretty cheap if you buy them each individually- but they come in sets of 4 as well. 

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Other than that- nice find, and good luck on your build!

• Like 2

Thanks JCooper, didn't even think of looking into that! I'll add that to my to-do list.

Thank chris850, she's pretty solid aside from the rust... floor is pretty rough. This winter is the time for me to do bodywork.

Should be pretty much done by spring, if it goes as planned. Which is unlikely because I'll be in Tyndall AFB for a month in January but hey, I'll try!