where to find small parts like glove compartment latch, doorjamb switch, window felts for 1985 720 nissan??

Battlecat

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a member so take advantage of out classifieds.....  http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-body-and-interior/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  . State clearly what you want and your rough location so shipping can be assessed. (you should fill out your profile info, like the year and model of vehicle and rough location, it will help with any queastions you have later)

So unless you are stationed in Antarctica walk through any wrecking yard and find another 720. Most of the parts you want will fit from any year. The glove box latch from Nov.'82 on will work. When you drive around keep your eyes open for them permanently parked on side streets and in back yards, also on farms.  Some parts will be on e-Bay. Last resort is the Nissan dealer.

• Like 2

Wow ! I have received several PMs with offers to help. This community is amazing - thanks to all those who responded. Thanks to the recommendation of a helpful member I was able to order the felts off Ebay (worth the risk - they were cheap :thumbup: ). Another member has a couple items that might work and we're working out the details now. Just for the sake of clarity, the switch I was looking for looked like this (funny - this picture came off Ebay - and it's not supposed to fit my 720 but my switch looks JUST LIKE this (equally funny-  the guy advertises them but doesn't actually HAVE 'em... no one has a new one, it seems).

s-l1600.jpg

The glove door lock (or latch) looks like this (this one is busted and it missing some internal parts):

20161007_192451.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an update: I got every part I mentioned here (except for the switch - I'm still hunting that one) from acting on suggestions I was given via pms and forum posts. All the parts came off Ebay and all came from Thailand. I've already received them. Amazing. Now to hunt some other parts I need....

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful with Thai parts. Sometimes, they leave you scratching your head.  I have had great luck with the Mexican marker lights, however. (Just my experience) A huge part of the 720 fun, I found in excursions to local wrecking yards. Amazing scores have happened for me, and I discovered that most of the people working at wrecking yards these days are young women. Do you know how those women holding signs at construction sites are automatically 10 percent hotter than they really are, just because of being there in old jeans? Well double that in a wrecking yard. Hardly anything hotter than a wrecking yard babe. When I was younger, that would have been an oxymoron: babe and wrecking yard.   Just sayin‘.

Door switches aree an intense wear item and I have yet to find really good ones in a wrecking yard. If you find a resource for those, please share.

• Like 1