I feel like this car isnt a Datsun ( The 810/maxima )

A lot time when your the odd kid on the block you get no love THE usa SPEC DATSUN 810/MAXIMA.... It doesnt fit here or does it fit anywhere and the more I find out that it doesnt fit in the more i like ( man that sound strange ) , but you get what i am saying its cool to be odd and those 810 owners we are odd and this bellow is my odd ride..

https://youtu.be/Q_vsvAbr8sM

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

We had a 79 810 wagon, loved it. Got totalled, bought an 83 Maxima wagon for replacement, hated it...super gutless ( I'm sure 810 5 speed vs. Maxima auto trans was most of it).

That's because all the 810s from 77-80 L24E had the P30 block very similar to the 240z P30 block they also had the 9mm rods like the Z and depending if it was a federal one it made 154hp and non federal made 125hp still peppy though. The 81-84 Maxima 910 got the L24E redesigned internally which got the weaker rods but did get the better N47 head that had peanut shaped valve chamber for better quench. Both are good cars but the 810 has more power.