WANTED: Toggle levers, extension links, return springs & pins

plasma

Hi everyone, just got a 1977 Datsun 620 and need some emergency brake parts.

Priority is for the rear drum brakes, I need the toggle levers, extension links, return springs and pins that hold the levers on.

Anyone have extras they can sell me or know where to get them? I can't find any junk yards that have any of it.

Also, do you know the Dohrman rear parking brake cable part numbers that actually fit? Bought some on ebay and they were way too long and were listed for this truck.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small pile of rear drum parts I saved last month thinking some ratunista would love this crap... lemme look and shoot a pic for ya...

Here you go... a bunch of stuff got tossed... anything look useful here? One wheel cylinder is new, one adjuster is complete and parts of the other one... etc.

9--16%20pix%20478_zpswkdc7rha.jpg

I have a small pile of rear drum parts I saved last month thinking some ratunista would love this crap... lemme look and shoot a pic for ya...

Here you go... a bunch of stuff got tossed... anything look useful here? One wheel cylinder is new, one adjuster is complete and parts of the other one... etc.

9--16%20pix%20478_zpswkdc7rha.jpg

I'll take it! :)

Here is a pic with the part circled that I need:

Both toggle levers, extension links and the retaining pins for the toggle levers.

I believe I have everything else, but if you only want to get rid of the whole set, let me know what you want.

datsunbrake.jpg

I'll PM you contact info and you can let me know where to send a check or money order.

I'm on the road... hope to get back tomorrow afternoon... If I can get to the Post Office before 5, I will send a 2 day flat rate box. They are like seven bucks. maybe shoot me ten bucks in my paypal ur sumthin'...  that would be fn great because I have no way to load my account. I will PM ya

I'm on the road... hope to get back tomorrow afternoon... If I can get to the Post Office before 5, I will send a 2 day flat rate box. They are like seven bucks. maybe shoot me ten bucks in my paypal ur sumthin'...  that would be fn great because I have no way to load my account. I will PM ya

Great! Pm me your paypal email and I'll send you more than you're asking for. I appreciate the help.

Figbuck,

I got it! Thank you so much!

Actually my rockers and floorboards are really rusted. Engine is rebuilt when I recently bought it with hardly any miles. Cab doesn't leak though. Still have some maintenance to do, but so far, just having an emergency brake has been priority. lol

Will check out the wipers as suggested.

Will send payment by PayPal, let me know if it is enough. Can't thank you enough!

I finally found both parking brake cable assy.  Dude, you are one lucky guy! I was pretty sure all that stuff got tossed. The cable housings are good, but the I cut the cables taking them off, but there is enough of them to see how to make new longer ones with a swedging tool.  I will get it in the mail this noon...