520 drivelines

jrock4224

Were there two different drivelines for a 520.... have two and they have snap ring style u joints which are smaller  then 521 u joints and i cant build my driveline for the stupid cant by truck.....

literally i have two 520 drivelines and they both are 54.5 center of joint to center and have the snap ring style smaller u joints /.... the internet and google aren't helping 

the driveshafts i have built are all interior retaining clip style....the driveshafts i have from 520s all have large profile splines too ... I'm baffled why i have two of the wrong shafts ... 

idnetically wrong shafts .,.. and one i m pretty sure i bought a truck in order to get the driveshaft 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two different transmissions, using different drive shafts.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/pickup-1965-1972/power-train/propeller-shaft

Please PM me if you have the J13 (To Sep.-'65) style, I need a part.

Thanks,

Keith

So your saying that some 520s had fine tooth yokes like the 620/720 5 speeds have?

I have one with a yoke that has a 10/11 tooth count depending on if you are counting teeth or grooves.

There are two different transmissions, using different drive shafts.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/pickup-1965-1972/power-train/propeller-shaft

Please PM me if you have the J13 (To Sep.-'65) style, I need a part.

Thanks,

Keith

fuck how could i have two of the wrong ones  pretty sure they are both to sept 65 driveshafts so in the 8 monhs of production i managaed to score two fucking of the wrong shafts in stead of the oct 65 - 69 driveshaft i need .... well this sums up my whole fucking existence ./....fuck lol

lol its not the yoke thats the issue,  i was swapping that and that's when i learned they used different u joints ..... i have the yoke for my set up just two drivelines that wont work .... u joints on pre oct 65 are smaller ... wtf i have two drivelines lol