620 tie rod tips??

620dude

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

620? well they are about $150 as side from Nissan. You can get very close to the same quality for about 50%- 60% less at an auto supply store, so about $60- $75 each.

Next to the braking system your steering system is your next most important safety system. Don't go for the cheapest you can get

Fill out your profile with vehicle and year. There are differences in the 620 almost every year. The '78 and '79 tie rods are different from the earlier '73-'77

• Like 3

my truck is a 1975 620.  

Moog and AC Delco from rockauto are often rebadged 555 brand, best you can get.

I've seen those online and look damn cheap!  if they are of great quality I will most likely go with those.  

I've also read on another forum that using 720 tie rods can be a pretty good upgrade, and make the truck drive a lot better.  anyone heard of this?

• Like 1

The 720 rods won't ride or steer any better. The 620 rod lengths are fixed and a center 'cross rod' has L&R threads for adjustment of toe. Buy turning the cross rod the two rods move in or out to set the toe. The 720 rods are both adjustable length for setting toe. I think the 720 rods are only used when swapping the later '83 and up lagetr caliper and vented rotor. Unfortunately this can only be done on the '78 and 79 620 that already had disc brakes on it.   

• Like 1

So I bought the AC Delco tie rods, I'm a little worried cause they look like they are one complete piece? If so how would I be able to adjust the toe alignment once I put them in? What if they are longer or shorter than the what the truck is set up with? How would I be able to compensate for that difference?

Hopefully they are arriving today and I will be able to see for sure...

Were these made to have a specific toe that cannot be altered?

if you buy both new rod ends  then the center link will adjust them both.  as you turn the center link the toe will go in and out. as needed.

Assume the steering wheel is centered bfore you do this.

Then lower the truck measure the center thread in front and back.  then add some toe in the front  I did 1/4 inch.   But really need to take it back(front end alighnment) in to make sure

POST #7 says right there that the 620 tie rods are solid and the cross rod is how the toe is adjusted. Fuck! What's the sense of posting stuff the OP asks for but then doesn't read???

Maybe you should spend the money and get the correct tie rods than trying to save a nickel.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally we have way toooo many stickys. Left unchecked every forum would have the first 6 pages all stickys. Don't want to go to the B-210 section and have to pass 6 pages to get to the latest posts. The search function will usually have anything you want. We have a vast supply of knowledge and experience stored here.

I usually settle for cleaning up the titles to some posts. For example someone posts 'HELP' and it's for information on 620 alternators. So I change the title to  '620 alternator help' So now when you use the search function and ask for '620 alternators' it finds '620' and 'alternator' and this post, along with others, will show up with the information. 'Help' just doesn't do anything and just misfiles great info.

"Need help with rear disc brakes" it may be in the 510 section but the search would include this in the results for someone looking for rear disc brakes on their B-210. By simply adding 510 to the title the search will skip this and concentrate more on what matters to the B-210 owner.

People who come here for HELP are simply desperate for any help to their problem. They aren't aware that sometimes the thread goes off and is filled with good experience and info worth having available. This is why I alter the titles.