72 new addition

Ebitzle72

So I'm a newb to the Datsun world but always liked the 620. I came across a good deal on a nice running 620 and bit the bullet. I've been looking around a little on swapping parts out and I know first I wanna do is brake swap then motor. I know it's gonna take patience and money, but I'm just looking for some help finding what will help me accomplish what I'm looking at doing. I want to go 5 lug so I can put some Z wheels on and possibly switch my rear suspension in the future for better handling. Also going to be looking at doing a vq swap in the future if any help can be given to me on my research to get that swap in.

Here's my pick up

2q9hra0.jpg

14kkwo0.jpg

Came across a good deal and got me some stock Titan 18's

29uwtx2.jpg

10gwly1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freaking SWEET!

thanks

Yeah forget the 5 lug swap... Just drive it.

After a bit.. think about it. VQ swap is going to be all custom.

it's not my daily that's why I'm looking into 5 lug plus disk brakes. Want to throw some 370z 18's on it

Nice truck!

thanks

Front fenders without dents is practically unicorn status.

the driver side has a little bit of dents but they are small.
  • Like 1

Mklotz (a member here) I believe can help you getting Toyota 5 lug hubs to fit your spindles up front.

I'm not sure if you can redrill the rear axle to 5x114, so the other option would be to swap in a Toyota axle.

Have you considered running spacer/adapters instead of converting?

• Like 2

Mklotz (a member here) I believe can help you getting Toyota 5 lug hubs to fit your spindles up front.

I'm not sure if you can redrill the rear axle to 5x114, so the other option would be to swap in a Toyota axle.

Have you considered running spacer/adapters instead of converting?

Thought about it but I wanna go to disk brakes, and thanks I'll shoot him a pm...

Sent him a message but it says he isn't accepting new messages can anyone help guide him to my post

Take a look at the stock 2wd toyota front end parts. You want to unbolt the upper and lower control arms. Take the spindle and brakes too. 

They WILL bolt on to the stock BALL JOINT (78-79) trucks. It has been done. Search it out. 

Nice color.   :cool:

20151113_142744_zps7q3zcg7x.jpg

• Like 2

Take a look at the stock 2wd toyota front end parts. You want to unbolt the upper and lower control arms. Take the spindle and brakes too. 

They WILL bolt on to the stock BALL JOINT (78-79) trucks. It has been done. Search it out. 

Nice color.   :cool:

20151113_142744_zps7q3zcg7x.jpg

will look into it thanks

Such a clean truck, you got lucky finding one that was well kept, congrats!

thanks

Great advise! Just drive that beauty and get to know it.

'72 was the first year of the 620 and the last for the 521.

I'm enjoying every minute of driving it.
  • Like 1

Was a nice day out the other day so I decided to do a little cleaning

Before

2udwaww.jpg

After

2ngzm7b.jpg

Still need the front part, but I got rid of years of dirt and grime sitting there. Still need to clean the stock jack and the tools then repaint them and re-install.

• Like 5

Wow, those floors are cherry. You are very lucky to have a truck in that condition. Take care of her.

thanks.. The front floor pans have rust penetrated through so I will likely replace them soon..

No kidding. Those floor are gorgeous! 

Before you put your floor plugs back in, fold them in half a few times and all the road grime/under coating will flake away with little help. I just did the same thing with mine.

the truck didn't come with the floor plugs, so I need to order some soon so it can stay clean