View my 71 510 2dr Sedan - Coming soon.. ish

http://drakers.pl510.info

#42 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts
  • Location:Land of the fruits and the nuts...and the rest are flakes
  • Cars:'81 210 (aka Stanley), '99 Pathfinder (aka Thadeus)

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

I am!

q6qhLgg.jpg

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep — not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

#43 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

Stanley got 1st place ya'll!!! Waiting to leave to try out the a/c.

EFWKmJS.jpg

t6hwIpA.jpg

q6qhLgg.jpg

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep — not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

#44 Rick-rat

Rick-rat

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cars:1979 620 K C

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  Most times it's the "trailer queens" that win awards, not cars that are actually driven

#45 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:45 PM

So here's the verdict. Noticed a bit of a difference right away. Probably 20 minutes into the drive you could feel more of a difference. It was ok and made it a bit more comfortable. Problem was I was driving North and had the sun burning my torso from the West. Need to help block that so there's not so much sun blasting through the glass. I think getting one of those window screens will help. Next time I take him out I want to see what it's like if I put the Ghetto Breeze 600 in the front seat. I had it in the back seat today. I also want to try a large block of ice in the cooler. This is the ice we put in it:

L9unuHF.jpg

q6qhLgg.jpg

#46 Draker

Draker

Ratsun-Erect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,521 posts
  • Cars:1971 2 door 510, 1969 4 door 510, 2002 Tacoma double cab

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:15 PM

I think the heater core idea would put out significant cool air. It's a bit more work.. but pumping ice water through it would allow for cold air from the ice and cold air from the water below too!

Congrats on the award!! So cool.

View my 69 510 4dr Sedan - Build Thread
View my 72 1200 Sedan - Build Thread

#47 ol' 320

ol' 320

• PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Cars:67.5 roadster, M3, TR6 w/ 302

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

I enjoyed meeting both you and your husband today at the show. I found your Ghetto Breeze 600 relaxing under palm tree near Stanley and popped a couple of pics, just because:)  Stanley is a handsome ride, and now he's "certified awesome!"

#48 MikeRL411

MikeRL411

78 'n counting...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,525 posts
  • Cars:67RL411, 90 240SX, 97J30T

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

I saw Stanley today at the JCCS.  You have done a magnificent restoration!  Missed seeing you, my wife is wheelchair bound and required my full attention.  She lasted until the 3PM dismissal so no major problems,. except trundling her into the men's bathroom,  "Close your eyes, female coming through" did the trick,  the women's was too full and I have heard rumors that it is better than the Ladies rooms at LAX, which are really gross!  As usual. my RL411 attracted major spectator photo interest and no award interest.  It's a driver, not a show car.  I was the only 411 at the show!  I managed to give away a central console floor mat for the 411 with 3 on the floor to a restorer and a 510 automatic transmission gasket and filter set to a 510 owner.  I didn't need them and was happy to pass them on to deserving owners.  See you next year?

#49 LTJ

LTJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cars:'79 and '81 A10's (Stanza)

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:48 AM

Congrats on the win!

Nice to know the air cooler works!

#50 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:05 AM

I think the heater core idea would put out significant cool air. It's a bit more work.. but pumping ice water through it would allow for cold air from the ice and cold air from the water below too!

Congrats on the award!! So cool.

The experiment isn't over. We'll be trying new things.

I enjoyed meeting both you and your husband today at the show. I found your Ghetto Breeze 600 relaxing under palm tree near Stanley and popped a couple of pics, just because:)  Stanley is a handsome ride, and now he's "certified awesome!"

Good meeting you too!

I saw Stanley today at the JCCS.  You have done a magnificent restoration!  Missed seeing you, my wife is wheelchair bound and required my full attention.  She lasted until the 3PM dismissal so no major problems,. except trundling her into the men's bathroom,  "Close your eyes, female coming through" did the trick,  the women's was too full and I have heard rumors that it is better than the Ladies rooms at LAX, which are really gross!  As usual. my RL411 attracted major spectator photo interest and no award interest.  It's a driver, not a show car.  I was the only 411 at the show!  I managed to give away a central console floor mat for the 411 with 3 on the floor to a restorer and a 510 automatic transmission gasket and filter set to a 510 owner.  I didn't need them and was happy to pass them on to deserving owners.  See you next year?

Sorry we missed you. We were with Stanley probably til about 1 and then we walked around to check out the other cars. Probably walked by each other at some point. I hope you're wife enjoyed the show. LAX bathrooms aren't so bad. Or at least they haven't been whenever I've flown out. The bathrooms at JCCS weren't so bad. I was happy they had regular bathrooms and not just the porta potties. I hate those. Not sure if I'm going next year. This was my first time ever at JCCS and I was hesitant about it. Long day and a semi long drive but I actually did enjoy the show (not just cause Stanley won) so I may decide on going next year.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. Honestly I never expected anything. Stanley always gets overlooked cause he's the less popular Datsun model but he's always been a winner to me. When they called 3rd and 2nd place I figured oh well not a winner this time. Even when he announced 1981 210 I was looking around like who's that. Haha! It's just nice that a lot of the spectators appreciated the work I put into Stanley and some people were even taking pics with him. The judges loved him because I kept the stock look. That was nice.

My husband and I will be researching other cooling options and see what's out there. He's also thinking of looking into making an a/c compressor we can run. This thread isn't over. I still want to do some other testing with the Ghetto Breeze 600 so I'll update in a few days.

q6qhLgg.jpg

#51 ol' 320

ol' 320

• PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Cars:67.5 roadster, M3, TR6 w/ 302

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:50 AM

it was 101 here Friday.... could have used  a ghetto breeze 600. 

Heck, I would have settled for a ghetto breeze 400 ...

#52 Draker

Draker

Ratsun-Erect

• 13,521 posts
  • Cars:1971 2 door 510, 1969 4 door 510, 2002 Tacoma double cab

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:15 PM

Just sit on a bag of ice and put another bag on your lap.

View my 69 510 4dr Sedan - Build Thread
View my 72 1200 Sedan - Build Thread

#53 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

Just sit on a bag of ice and put another bag on your lap.

And another on the top of my head :)  Didn't get a chance to test today. Got up early to molest a 210 in Rialto and had other errands to run. Going to shoot for tomorrow.

q6qhLgg.jpg

#54 jesusno2

jesusno2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts
  • Cars:2004 wrx goon datsun 210 86 720

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

i know you might not want to do this but since you do live in a hot climate why not find a 210 that had AC and retro fit it into your car? 

#55 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

i know you might not want to do this but since you do live in a hot climate why not find a 210 that had AC and retro fit it into your car? 

They haven't been easy to find. So few cars have had a/c and they've been picked apart pretty well. I may have a line on an a/c unit though.

q6qhLgg.jpg

#56 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

Weather was too nice yesterday to do any testing. Not complaining :) I wish the weather would stay this nice for the rest of the year. Supposed to be hot again this next weekend so I can get back to messing with the Ghetto Breeze 600.

q6qhLgg.jpg

#57 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

So work on the Ghetto Breeze 600 is going to be halted for a bit. I was going to run some testing last weekend cause the weather was hot enough for it but I had a dang migraine for 3 days and wasn't doing shit. I really need to make some door panels. I expect the next time I open Stanley's door the panel is just going to fall out so I gotta get on that project before getting back to this one. To be continued at a later date.........

q6qhLgg.jpg

#58 Duncan

Duncan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

easyac.jpg

Posted telepathically from my man cave...

#59 Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam

Datsunahaulic

• Banned
  • 10,386 posts
  • Cars:1978 620 KC KA DD 76 610 coupe project Jessi's 77 710 wagon DD

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

I like it!!
Chuck it in the Fuck it bucket, cus I'm done

#60 colourbox

colourbox

Cleopatra Jones

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

easyac.jpg

Ha! I've seen those in back windows of pickup trucks too. Works for me!

q6qhLgg.jpg