1974 620 patina perfection

TDCTDI

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But then I'd have to go about trying to do a faux-tina to get it to somewhat match the rest of the truck. I may have found one already though.

Not necessarily, my matching gate got hit in a parking lot. I ended up finding a white gate and made lemonade. 

0126111634-00.jpg

Picture007-3.jpg

Picture027-2.jpg

• Like 3

I like it, but not quite my thing.

I just spent 5 hrs rebuilding & adjusting that convoluted hunk of pot metal on top of the intake manifold & got her to fire up & run. After topping off fluids I'm not sure which is pissing coolant faster, the water pump or the radiator.

493DAFC8-7F6F-445F-83AF-18BD8D947C77_zps

Hateful bitch.

• Like 2

Ok, so here's some crazy shit for you guys, by NC DMV law, vehicles 35 years & older do not require an inspection to be registered, on top of that, I can put whatever license plate I can find that matches the date of manufacture of the vehicle on it as long as I carry the registered tag in the vehicle.

So I found a crusty old tag to put

Man you guys are lucky, it's a royal pain in the ass to get stuff registered here in California. Good job on getting her running, at least a water pump and radiator are e a sy to change.

While I was looking into lowering the front I discovered why the starter wasn't working with the ignition switch (probably why she was parked so long ago). All of the wires to the transmission were disconnected (yes, she's got an autotragic) & the stick that was the culprit was still stuck in the frame. Can you say "field car"? I reconnected the bullet connections & she fired right up.

I just did, that ain't happening, they're proud of those. Thanks though.

it was an idea. Only other swap ive heard is BMW ellipsoids but you gotta get the bracket things and cut the body from what i remember. I picked up the dapper lights and am extremely happy with my purchase, didnt want to cut up the truck any more than i have to yaknow?
  • Like 1