1974 620 patina perfection

TDCTDI

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember starting the thread as a poll, but if you guys really want the stock wheels on it I'll gladly take donations or you're welcome to buy it & do what you want with it. It's funny to me that so many of the people screaming stock wheels are the ones that have deviated from a pure stock vehicle with hacked frames & their own aesthetic flourishes.

It's just a set of fn wheels.

• Like 3

When you post stuff up that you want to do looks wise its usually better to have it done around here.

As long as you aren't cutting the body up to fit some wheels or an engine into it im not going to complain and even if you did, who am i to judge? Not my truck, not my money. Make it what you want, fuck the opinions of other individuals who dont have a vested interest in your particular vehicle. If you do have to cut, see if you can find something worse off than your own so the good panels are kept sound.

Rule #1 about posting anything on a web forum: Have a thick skin. If you're putting yourself out there, expect some opinions, criticisms, love or hate.

I bet every member here has a different idea of what's cool. That is cool in and of itself, that there isn't one cookie cutter way to build a vehicle. Put your mark on it and own it, but don't get defensive. No better way to alienate some friendly viewers than to get defensive.

Dude I know its only a set of wheels but US wiser ones want to help you pick up chicks!!!!!!!!

Now Im not a slave to fasion but stock wheels painted grey or white are the bomb as I get more comments now than when I had chrome PIMP wheels.

We just want you do it right the first time.

Like my friend wanted me to HELP me pick up some Hot women. He said get a potato and put it in your pants. Well next week he ask, how it went? I said ,the women ran from me. he said show me how you had the potato. So I put the potato in my pants.  He said DUDE you got to put the potato in front of your pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we just helping you out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just rememeber  what you think is cool might just be the potato in back of your pants

• Like 1

Yeah...umm... stock wheels or not, obviously the only chicks I'd be picking up in this truck would be the barnyard variety. However, if the girl went with you in something like this, you know she's not going out with you for the money.

& dude, we really didn't need to know about the potato anal-ogy.

• Like 1

Check out this sweet bi-sectional staff I made.

DE023739-E596-4C9E-BE92-465F6861EE4D_zps

Actually that was my "hey y'all, watch this" tow bar.

I bought a 10' piece of 1" schedule 40 pipe & cut it in half. Then I cut one end of each piece like so.

28D12643-471F-4521-881C-AB77D2CE8C9A_zps

Then I wedged a steel plate in the slit & crushed that end flat in a press, & drilled a hole in it so I could bolt them onto the Datsun tow hooks.

E5533594-F9D0-4F17-B49B-41F30EF6B237_zps

Then I drilled holes in the other end so I could secure a 2' section of chain in each pipe.

2994EC13-3077-464E-980F-E418A246C33E_zps

Then I looped the chain around the tow ball & tightened a long bolt through the chain to tighten it on the tow ball. It worked so well I might keep them in the truck just in case of a breakdown.

• Like 1

Ok, so here's some crazy shit for you guys, by NC DMV law, vehicles 35 years & older do not require an inspection to be registered, on top of that, I can put whatever license plate I can find that matches the date of manufacture of the vehicle on it as long as I carry the registered tag in the vehicle.

So I found a crusty old tag to put on it.

60F2A14F-4CB6-45B4-8591-665E7A063310_zps

• Like 2