521 suspension parts

murphus

Does anyone know a good source for suspension parts? I picked up a pretty sweet 1972 PL521. Very clean body, solid drive train, runs and drives quite nicely once I swapped a Weber carb for the Hitachi that turned out to be improperly assembled and missing parts. Anyway, the king pins and lower fulcrum pins have seen better days, so the front end is loose. I'd like to tighten it up but I'm not having much luck finding replacements.

Richard

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MKlotz(Mike Klotz) on here can fix the kingspins and has the side smaller pins that's always get smashed when pulling out. .

I had a guy do mine and they just mashed the pin in the bore. They need to be honed to the pin size after the bushings are installed as the squeeze down.

autozone has the king pin kits for 144$ (replica parts or something like that. or find the Jap made Bunko /Culture brand one on ebay ect......

the lower fulcrum usually don't wear out.   but I had to cut mine out. and neede another which I had a spare.

Your a new 521 owner so remember the body on 521 are a SAE size and threads(5/16 x24 but the motor will be metric size and threads 10x 1.5mm  something like that

• Like 1

People in Mexico are starting to build new parts for these, including king pins.

King pin sets can be found on eBay from $70 and up.

As for the other pieces, it's getting to be real hit or miss no matter where you look.

RockAuto used to have crazy amounts of parts but it seems that well is drying up rather quickly.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...