• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to eliminate the brake system from the equation:

Blow out the hard brake lines

Replace soft brake lines

Though a worn out front suspension is probably not the culprit, double check everything. Loose or worn tie rod ends, worn ilder arm, bad control arm bushings, bad tension compression rod bushings, all these can cause brake pulling. Check your toe too. If it's toed out, that could cause the problem.

In the rear, check that the u-bolts holding the leaf springs are tight, check to see if the front spring bushings are sloppy and check that the rear shoes are adjusted properly.

• 5 weeks later...

Break out a tape measure and check the toe-in adjustment.  I bet you're toe'd out instead of in.  Could be from worn components under the extra load of bigger tires.  COuld just be that you now have more leverage on those components.  

As for the speedo gear and other parts I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but you should call the Nissan dealer.   :devil:

What would cause my whole right side of the fuse box to get super hot, especially the running light fuse. I just replaced my alternator today because that burned up and I replaced the light switch and it still has not fixed the problem. I made sure there was the correct amperage fuse in there and they were getting so hot you are able to watch them warp? What could be causing this?

ANY tarnish or oxidation/corrosion of the copper clips that hold the fuses will cause resistance and resistance gets hot like a toaster. The trouble is that if too hot they loos their temper, their grip on the fuses and this just makes it worse. I've burned my fingers onthe 620 fuse box before.

What you can do is unscrew the fuse box from the dash, pull the old fuses out and unplug the wiring. Make a mixture of vinegar and lemon juice (I add table salt also) and soak over night. Clean with an old tooth brush, rinse well and dry. Vinegar and also lemon juice will remover tarnish on the copper/brass clips. Install and make sure the fuses are put back securely.

Today when I was driving to work this happened.

B01770DC-78F0-46D6-B678-CFF5166B117F_zps

And all of the wires on the right side of the fuse box as well as the wires are getting really hot, around 150 degrees so I was wondering if a relay was out could it cause somthing like this or could it be the wire that comes from the alternator?

I just can't figure this out, I replaced the switch the the previous owner installed thinking it was that 5E7A6324-2976-4E1A-A004-BEBA7DBC6DB1_zps

And ran new wires, cleaned the fuse box and it still gets super hot, there is a large black wire that goes to the fuse box that does not show up on the wiring diagram, maybe that's to the alternator???