A14 Auto transmission question

zeke5551

I'm putting an A14 with an auto trans in a '59 Morris Minor and have bought the engine and trans from different sources. I'm having a heck of a time locating the flexplate/flywheel assembly. Is there supposed to be 2 spacers or only one???? I'll also need the bolts, unless they're the same as the manual trans. Any hints on the spacers and anyone is willing to ship the flexplate assembly I will pay a reasonable amount. If so email me at zeke5551@comcast.net or if anyone knows of a wrecking yard that might be able to help me. Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry no buying or selling on the forum. Please use the classifieds... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/5-drivetrain/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  . Include one of the pictures below in your ad.

For all automatics there is a small cover cap plate over the end of the crankshaft with bolt holes and a hole in the center for the 'nose' of the torque converter. This cap aligns the torque converter before bolting it down to the flex plate.  

Then the flex plate.

Last there is a cover plate similar to the one between the crank and the flex plate. It's job is to just help clamp the flex plate down and prevent cracking around the bolts.

Front plate looks like this.....

datsun521019.jpg

Rear plate looks like these (except top right which is also a front plate) and both sandwich the flex plate between them.

transautodriveplatespacer.jpg

Manual and auto bolts are different length and part number. Manuals are likely longer and you don't want it to bottom and tighten up but not be gripping the flex plate. The automatic crank shaft bolts for an automatic are Nissan Part #12315-H6900 and $3-$4 each. Maybe use this number to cross reference to something cheaper. Tightening torque for the L series bolts is 100-115 ft lbs so Grade 8 bolts?