New to Car mods. S13 suspension

Martinit01

OK Guys. My name is Martin. I'm From Argentina and i'm geting my first car. A Datsun bluebird 910SSS. So here's what i need to know. I want to put s13 coilovers. But also rear disc brakes.

Can i use s13 hubs directly? I know rear coils will fit only replacing the top of the mount. And that i need an adjustable plate for the front ones. What else do i need to know?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Martin and welcome to Ratsun. Our 910 was called the Maxima and it has rear disc brakes on it, L24 six cylinder engine and fairly large front disc brakes similar to the 280zx. I've heard of the 910SSS. L18 with dual SU carbs and 5 speed?

Can you post pictures of it, please?.... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/54932-photobucket-ratsun/

You will need strut and knuckle and hub for the front, but hopefully that is all.

The outer tie rods on both cars are m12 and are very close in size where they press in to the knuckle, so that should be fine.

The front lower ball joints are almost identical, so the 910 lower control arm should fit fine in the s13 knuckle.

Both front brake calipers use the same thread pitch on the brake hoses. You may find that the s13 hose would work better, but you would just have to try some stuff.

So that leaves questions about camber, caster, and if you need to use the 910 strut top or if you can use the s13 top.

So up front at least it's probably worth trying.

I know nothing about the rears,but I'm inclined to think that will be a much larger challenge. There might be a better choice than s13.

For the rears you could use a s13 or 280zx rear disc and caliper, your probibly going to have to make a bracket for the caliper, not sure about ebrake cables. You might have to turn down the axle flange to be able to slide the discs over the hub.

This is an s13 rear disc on a ford 8.8 rear.. Yeah its different but you might be able to make something similar? No e brake because im using a different front caliper on the rear. It just clears inside a 13 inch steel rim, but lots of offset as you can see

IMG_20160731_0915331_zpsqslngyqs.jpg

For the rears you could use a s13 or 280zx rear disc and caliper, your probibly going to have to make a bracket for the caliper, not sure about ebrake cables. You might have to turn down the axle flange to be able to slide the discs over the hub.

This is an s13 rear disc on a ford 8.8 rear.. Yeah its different but you might be able to make something similar? No e brake because im using a different front caliper on the rear. It just clears inside a 13 inch steel rim, but lots of offset as you can see

IMG_20160731_0915331_zpsqslngyqs.jpg

That actually looks really nice, Somebody told me that 280zx Shares the same Rear Axle as the bluebird 910SSS so it might be worth trying to find one.

You will need strut and knuckle and hub for the front, but hopefully that is all.

The outer tie rods on both cars are m12 and are very close in size where they press in to the knuckle, so that should be fine.

The front lower ball joints are almost identical, so the 910 lower control arm should fit fine in the s13 knuckle.

Both front brake calipers use the same thread pitch on the brake hoses. You may find that the s13 hose would work better, but you would just have to try some stuff.

So that leaves questions about camber, caster, and if you need to use the 910 strut top or if you can use the s13 top.

So up front at least it's probably worth trying.

I know nothing about the rears,but I'm inclined to think that will be a much larger challenge. There might be a better choice than s13.

All you say for the front is absolutely correct. I checked this today after taking out my clutch slave cylinder. Also my Master cylinder is bad so that's why i had almost no clutch, Now i have problems with my steering rack. It fully turns to the right but only turns really little to the left. So i'll have to take that appart too. Any sugestions on what could that be?

Broken coil spring could do this or maybe the idler arm on the steering. Lift vehicle and turn from side to side and watch for the steering parts to rub something. Tire on fender? oil pan in the way? Tree branch caught in it?

I'll check again, also i need to check the power steering because hoses are rotten and lost all the fluid. No idea on the actual state of the pump